Author Topic: Spray tack oil stains  (Read 1630 times)

Offline mhimple

• Verified/Junior
Spray tack oil stains
« on: January 13, 2022, 06:54:57 PM »
I was curious if anyone had a solve for cleaning spray tack "OIL" spot stains on apparel? We have never really had a good solution. We use waterbase and spray tack and haven't had any luck washing those stains as well. Any help is much appreciated!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Spray tack oil stains
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 02:56:30 PM »
I'll be first; I've never seen that over the decades. Can you post a picture?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline rusty

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 03:04:34 PM »
yeah I am not sure what you are referring to.

That being said, I would check here for a possible fix:

https://www.cleanersupply.com/Pressing-Spotting/Spotting/

Offline Admiral

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 04:39:35 PM »
This won't fix ones already ruined but perhaps you are applying the shirts too quickly after tacking? it's best to allow the tack to 'dry' a bit before loading the garments so the tack stays on the platens I have found.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 04:47:41 PM »
I was curious if anyone had a solve for cleaning spray tack "OIL" spot stains on apparel? We have never really had a good solution. We use waterbase and spray tack and haven't had any luck washing those stains as well. Any help is much appreciated!

And, exactly what spray tack are you using? Most of us have moved away from the aerosol cans (except for fleece), in favor of the water based adhesives which can be manually applied or sprayed with the right setup.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mhimple

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 05:50:17 PM »
AlbaChem 1175 Dri-Web is our tack. I know they have been having nozzle issues and the can mix has separated. We have returned quite a bit. I think our operator was having a issue with the tri blend/Canvas/bella sticking and tried to do a quick fix on the last round. I've seen it before in the past but I was never able to remove the stain and just replace/reprint. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 10:52:46 AM »
We have a few things that are go-to for stains.

Obviously our spot gun gets the most use.

Krud Kutter is great for non-ink stains. We use it a lot on stuff like this because it doesn't damage fabrics.  It's especially good on light grease and oil stains.

Tide pens are fantastic for things that krud kutter won't get.  I don't mix the two.  I don't know what would happen, but with small dots on embroidery from the machine, tide pens work wonders. The stains usually disappear without any extra cleaning.

I hope this helps.  I with those small dots, try a tide pen.