Author Topic: my new toy  (Read 3052 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
my new toy
« on: January 14, 2022, 04:19:24 PM »
Looks like I am addicted to things that spin, my manual press, slot machines and my new toy.
This one spins a little faster than my V-2000 press and cost me some dust just like a slot machine ;)
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: my new toy
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 10:40:17 PM »
cool!
Are you taking orders for custom pens? :)
pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 11:29:06 PM »
cool!
Are you taking orders for custom pens? :)
pierre

Yes I figure i need to sell about 2000 pens to break even  ::) ;)
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 09:19:06 AM »
Looks like I am addicted to things that spin, my manual press, slot machines and my new toy.
This one spins a little faster than my V-2000 press and cost me some dust just like a slot machine ;)
mooseman

Are you going to try turning some knurl and maybe epoxy filled stuff? Its all the rage these days
"No man is an island"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 11:09:32 AM »
Have you guys ever seen that video of the guy working on a giant lathe and got his shirt caught, he turned to mist... I saw the beginning and couldn't do it...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 12:00:17 AM »
mooseman

Are you going to try turning some knurl and maybe epoxy filled stuff? Its all the rage these days

actually yes , my main focus at the moment is segment turned bowls with a feature ring. here are some examples from folks that know what they are doing. Hope to get there someday.
mooseman

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 01:38:47 PM »
Have you guys ever seen that video of the guy working on a giant lathe and got his shirt caught, he turned to mist... I saw the beginning and couldn't do it...

Jesus I seen that, he went around probably a thousand times. Just to add to your gory mention of mist, he actually had bones fly out of his body.
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 11:39:56 AM »
this thread got dark quickly.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 12:02:02 PM »

Yeah, I was looking at a beautiful bowl, and wham! Yet part of me wants to look it up, going to Hell for that I'm sure. My business partner's dad used to make super nice jewelry boxes and the like, all after he retired. I bought some of his equipment back when he was getting ill and passing, but haven't done much more than a few simple jobs. Maybe after I retire. Have fun Mooseman.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2022, 12:41:28 PM »

Yeah, I was looking at a beautiful bowl, and wham! Yet part of me wants to look it up, going to Hell for that I'm sure. My business partner's dad used to make super nice jewelry boxes and the like, all after he retired. I bought some of his equipment back when he was getting ill and passing, but haven't done much more than a few simple jobs. Maybe after I retire. Have fun Mooseman.

Steve

.....DON'T....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 01:26:07 PM »

Steve

.....DON'T....

I watch enough woodworking videos that I get enough without the blood and gore.  The best one I've ever seen didn't even cause an injury.  The fun starts at 2:30.  It's an instructional video on how to prevent kickback.  It's worth a watch, and like i said, no blood or injuries.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2022, 03:09:39 PM »

Steve

.....DON'T....

I won't Homer, I don't care much for fake gore, never mind the real thing.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2022, 05:16:15 PM »
I saw that vid, it hurt me to my heart, never would I want to see that in person :'(
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2022, 06:06:25 PM »

Steve

.....DON'T....

I watch enough woodworking videos that I get enough without the blood and gore.  The best one I've ever seen didn't even cause an injury.  The fun starts at 2:30.  It's an instructional video on how to prevent kickback.  It's worth a watch, and like i said, no blood or injuries.

You didn't paste the link... but I think I know the one.

Old guy showing you how kickbacks work and almost loses his thumb even though he KNOWS he's gonna make it happen?

Yeah, if it was that one, it taught me even MORE respect for the table saw!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2022, 08:23:53 AM »
Yup, that one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4

I'll go back and edit the original post as well.  Completely forgot to do that.