Author Topic: Little help hear  (Read 1422 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Little help hear
« on: January 19, 2022, 11:13:37 AM »
I downloaded the free version of findmyfonts, but I must be doing something wrong, still can't find this font
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Little help hear
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 11:22:00 AM »
Bira, there is a freemium and commercial version.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 11:36:11 AM »
Thanks Brad, I got to get the hang of findmyfonts, should have got it long time ago

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 11:42:15 AM »
I downloaded the free version of findmyfonts, but I must be doing something wrong, still can't find this font

Are you talking about the free trial version, or the free app for smart phones? I was going to suggest the app to our "thrifty" friends, as a compromise as it does work some of the time, and is better than nothing (also thr mobility can come in handy)
Did you cut the letters apart? That was something I missed the first time. Also, with this font, in the regular $50 version, I had better luck choosing more letters than my first try, I went with "They ar" to get the same result as mk162
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 04:00:02 PM »
Yes the free version, you can use it for a month

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 10:11:10 PM »
Just an FYI.  I bought FindMyFont tonight, installed and added my Main Font Folder (around 42K fonts) using just one Fontset.  I tried it out and my first impression was ho-hum.  Then I played around with it some using some of the options on the left like the Letter Splitter Tool and the Adjust Selection Tolerance along with using the CTRL key to build up on weak letters. 

It does take some fiddling around to build up familiarity.  Then I went through a full page in this Forum where others have posted images with help requests to see how good I would match up.  I found the same match for all except one where I think I found a better match than was suggested (I don't believe the one suggested was from a FindMyFonts result).

I have to say now that I'm glad I bought it.  Thanks to all who have suggested it in the past. 
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 09:35:16 AM »
Just an FYI.  I bought FindMyFont tonight, installed and added my Main Font Folder (around 42K fonts) using just one Fontset.  I tried it out and my first impression was ho-hum.  Then I played around with it some using some of the options on the left like the Letter Splitter Tool and the Adjust Selection Tolerance along with using the CTRL key to build up on weak letters. 

It does take some fiddling around to build up familiarity.  Then I went through a full page in this Forum where others have posted images with help requests to see how good I would match up.  I found the same match for all except one where I think I found a better match than was suggested (I don't believe the one suggested was from a FindMyFonts result).

I have to say now that I'm glad I bought it.  Thanks to all who have suggested it in the past.

It took me a while to take the plunge also. A few years back, I did give the trial a look, but I think I didn't give it a fair chance. I urge all who try the free month to play with the tools, as they make all the difference in the world. Being able to separate script is really valuable. The almost automatic screen capture rather than copy and paste is a real treat.
All in all, it's $50 that most of us in this biz won't regret.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?