Author Topic: M&R SATURN 15X26 good for transfers?  (Read 1149 times)

Offline darkbosque_

• Verified/Junior
M&R SATURN 15X26 good for transfers?
« on: January 31, 2022, 01:52:52 PM »
Hey all,
So we manually screen print transfers often and are getting enough orders now that we are looking into buying an auto.
I was thinking the M&R SATURN 15X26 would do the job but I wanted to see what other machines are out there currently being used by others.
I would really like if the machine would be able to use the same 23x31 screen size.
So what are y'all printing transfers on?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: M&R SATURN 15X26 good for transfers?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 03:39:17 PM »
We use a manual, but any flatbed press would work. I'm guessing that if you use actual transfer inks instead of plastisols you have to powder you can take them off the press and send them down the dryer. But if they have to powdered, I'm not sure someone powdering could keep up with the output from the flatbed. It's been quite a while, but I seem to remember 200 22 x 28 election signs per hour when racking them. When we started send them down the dryer (it had air) we got closer to 250 per hour.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: M&R SATURN 15X26 good for transfers?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 05:05:53 PM »
i think we had a 15x26. maybe it was a 15x36. but we used them to print transfers ALLLLLLLLLLLL the time.

Print them, stack on a drying rack, run through powder, run through dryer, and bingo bango you have a transfer.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285