Author Topic: How would you .......  (Read 3132 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
How would you .......
« on: February 01, 2022, 04:02:49 PM »
Have this job to print for a great customer. Its a large job so no transfers. At first glance loks simple, then we get put on notie this print has to come out flawless. First thing I think is how do I do this with no white peeking out from half tones? My first thought is a white base only under the blue outline and gold yellow. Flash, gold yellow then two blue screens. My worry is how to seperate the two blues so there is no noticeable line of where one starts and one stops. Reason for two blues with no white base is to get enough opacity of the blue, but how to avoid the hard stop line? My thought is the first blue just the solid section only, the second blue all the solid sections then a fade to shirt.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 04:29:33 PM by inkman996 »
"No man is an island"

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: How would you .......
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 04:22:54 PM »
This seems to be one of this where we would better answer if we could see the art. If it’s customer sensitive, them maybe just a corner of the areas in question.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 04:30:10 PM »
Oops I forgot to uplaod. I left out the school logo.
"No man is an island"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 04:34:12 PM »
what if you go the other way and print a solid base under all the blue, and then print the darker blue fade on top of it all?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline rusty

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 05:29:33 PM »
what if you go the other way and print a solid base under all the blue, and then print the darker blue fade on top of it all?

Yeah I would print the dark blue for the fade.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 08:37:30 PM »
This is probably a stupid idea, but owing to the need for "no white" to be even remotely seen and the perfection angle, how about 2 screens of Dark and Light Blue using Plasticharge?  Along with the other color also in Plasticharge?  That would skate the need for a white underbase.

Just a thought.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 09:46:26 PM »
How about no white at all? Can this be done water based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 12:17:53 AM »
How about no white at all? Can this be done water based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's where I was going but I don't use waterbase and would try Plasticharge with Plastisol inks.  But I think that artwork is going to be pretty tricky with the blues fading in and out almost like a neon sign.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 08:02:43 AM »
This is probably a stupid idea, but owing to the need for "no white" to be even remotely seen and the perfection angle, how about 2 screens of Dark and Light Blue using Plasticharge?  Along with the other color also in Plasticharge?  That would skate the need for a white underbase.

Just a thought.

I am exploring that idea, only issue is we have a short but wide electric oven.
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2022, 08:33:10 AM »
use translucent ink, something for simulated process. print blue at 100% across all letters and control the fade with the underbase. translucent ink is barely visible if there is no underbase, but the last letter you'll be able to see it very faint. If the blue is process blue, just use the 4CP and it will come out perfect.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Croft

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2022, 09:41:21 AM »
How many colour press.

That blue looks like it might cover well as an ink , so I would likely try white( backer for yellow) , spot, yellow, blue spot blue?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2022, 10:48:05 AM »
How many colour press.

That blue looks like it might cover well as an ink , so I would likely try white( backer for yellow) , spot, yellow, blue spot blue?

We have an 8 color, 2 flashes. I am going to try two blues first and hope they are opaque enough.
"No man is an island"

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2022, 10:48:35 AM »
I would use the light blue as my under for the blue text. Depending on the quantity you may just want to run around twice on a single light blue screen and dark blue on top. The same could be done with the yellow/gold or you can ub that with the light blue too.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2022, 10:50:03 AM »
I would use the light blue as my under for the blue text. Depending on the quantity you may just want to run around twice on a single light blue screen and dark blue on top. The same could be done with the yellow/gold or you can ub that with the light blue too.

Cannot print a dark blue, customer specific, must daylight out to the shirt
"No man is an island"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2022, 11:23:37 AM »

Cannot print a dark blue, customer specific, must daylight out to the shirt

ahh if that's the case, then I think you'd be right on with the two blue screens, one gradient, one solid. don't over think it.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...