Author Topic: Label printer to go with IMS 3.0  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Label printer to go with IMS 3.0
« on: February 07, 2022, 10:56:56 PM »
What`s everyone using to print their Pantone labels?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Label printer to go with IMS 3.0
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 11:18:00 AM »
What`s everyone using to print their Pantone labels?

we hand write them, which is not efficient at all. but look at zebra printers. we have them all over the shop.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Flash Ink

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 11:50:13 AM »
I got a used Zebra printer from somewhere online and it prints the labels perfect. Then we just stick them on the container and good to go.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 12:05:38 PM »
May not work for you Rockers being in Japan,

but if you are cheap like me you could try to use a UPS printer as you can get them for "free" from UPS along with labels.

But really any thermal label printer should work, there are lesser cost options that Zebra, check out Dymo or similar should work, or try to get one for free from your shipping company of choice.

Offline BACjc

• Verified/Junior
  • Bumperactive - Stickers and Tees
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 12:07:54 PM »
I got a used Zebra printer from somewhere online and it prints the labels perfect. Then we just stick them on the container and good to go.

This!  Not a bad idea to toss some clear packing tape over the label as well.

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 01:30:19 PM »
Those Zebra printers are great once you get them installed, but good luck getting to that point...I've never had such a problem getting a printer connected as with those Zebra printers.  Such a pain.  We use MUNBYN printers now, much easier and the labels come folded flat, which means they don't curl like the rolled labels do.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 04:21:52 PM »

Warning - we have had packing tape over the label make the thermal labels fade away over time and be hard to read.  Won't be a problem with heat transfer labels, and it may just be our cheaper thermal labels for all I know, but just be aware it's a possible problem!

Offline BACjc

• Verified/Junior
  • Bumperactive - Stickers and Tees
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2022, 04:20:43 PM »
Those Zebra printers are great once you get them installed, but good luck getting to that point...I've never had such a problem getting a printer connected as with those Zebra printers.  Such a pain.  We use MUNBYN printers now, much easier and the labels come folded flat, which means they don't curl like the rolled labels do.

we run flat labels through our zebras (they passthrough the back)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2022, 05:13:40 PM »

Warning - we have had packing tape over the label make the thermal labels fade away over time and be hard to read.  Won't be a problem with heat transfer labels, and it may just be our cheaper thermal labels for all I know, but just be aware it's a possible problem!
same happened to us too. There are labels can’t even guess anylonger what was printed on them.

Offline Biverson

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2022, 10:56:51 PM »
Same here. I've got a Rollo that I used for a bit until the fading happened on a bunch. Went back to standard Inkjet or laser and taping them on.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com