Author Topic: Dropbox help  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Dropbox help
« on: February 12, 2022, 01:02:57 PM »
Hello all, I recently got a new iMac at home, transferred all the info from my old iMac, and for some reason, Dropbox isn't sharing. I can upload files at work, then when I get home, those files aren't there. The same is true in reverse; if I upload files from home, when I get to work they aren't there. My guess is that the new iMac at home isn't connected, but for the life of me after the last 45 minutes of searching, I can't find an answer. I log into dropbox.com with a browser (I can find shiploads of explanations for my phone or iPad though) and I can't find "connect". I feel a little dumb, but at this point I just want an answer to a simple question. Anyone?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Dropbox help
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 06:39:03 PM »
I'm probably the last person that should be responding since I have never used a MAC, but googling produced this possible link.......

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/files-not-syncing

Hope it helps
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 08:36:59 AM »
Thank you, I saw a lot of links, and was just getting  tired of searching while having a lot of other items on my plate. I'll dig into that a little later...

Steve

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 12:03:26 PM »
using it as an app, correct?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 12:56:05 PM »
No, it's on my desktop. Now, in my Applications folder, there it is, but if I double click it, it just opens up a directory window for Dropbox, and show it's contents. My previous practice was to copy and paste a file into that folder, then when I got home, I could just click on the folder and there it was. Then, when finished with the work, put it in the Dropbox folder, and I would get the message that there is "already one there, do you want to replace it?" and say yes. Come to work in the morning, and there it was. No logging into their website, or opening any app. Not anymore though, and all I did was get a new computer at home, transfer all the information from the old computer and try to move forward. Everything else works fine, it was just Dropbox. See the picture...

Steve