Author Topic: National Dryer Problem  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
National Dryer Problem
« on: February 22, 2022, 11:28:44 AM »
I have an old National Gas Dryer that will not lite. I have replaced the Spark Plug wire and made sure the filter was clean. All I get is a click sound like the pilot is going to lite but it does not lite. Any help is appreciated.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: National Dryer Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 12:19:07 PM »
I don't know much about a gas dryer, but I know that it sounds like it is not getting gas to your pilot, so I'd check to make sure I'm getting gas through the lines and no leaks anywhere.  My grandparents use to have those old gas heaters in there home back in the day and my granddad would have to clean the little pilot, and the gas holes sometimes when it wouldn't lite up.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 01:39:49 PM »
Did you try to contact Winston?
Dale Hoyal

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 01:48:11 PM »
Are you visually confirming that it isn't lighting? Majority of the time the problem is with the flame verification system,
and not the flame/ignition itself.

If you are not getting _any_ flame, did you replace the spark plug? Insulation can wear over time and short to the body.
Also, did you use the correct wire for replacement? If you've ever worked on a vehicles ignition system it's damn near the same.

If you are getting any flame but it is not staying lit, check the flame rod (assuming this vintage uses one) and clean it or better yet replace it,
and check wire connections/continuity. This signal is in the microamp range so any loss can null it.

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 08:18:25 AM »
Up and running,
Thanks for input