Author Topic: Mutoh DTF Printer  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Mutoh DTF Printer
« on: March 04, 2022, 01:15:02 PM »
anyone else have one? Ours just arrived today. Hopefully speed up this process. We have two other Mutoh's in house for wraps so we're familiar with the machines, hopefully this goes well. These epson conversion printers are fine to start with but man are they slow....

I have an Epson L1800 DTF system if anyone is interested in banging their head against the wall... Darryl, it's all yours buddy. ;D
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Mutoh DTF Printer
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 04:28:41 PM »
anyone else have one? Ours just arrived today. Hopefully speed up this process. We have two other Mutoh's in house for wraps so we're familiar with the machines, hopefully this goes well. These epson conversion printers are fine to start with but man are they slow....

I have an Epson L1800 DTF system if anyone is interested in banging their head against the wall... Darryl, it's all yours buddy. ;D

I hear ya  LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 02:20:26 AM »
I am waiting for mine.     From the research I’ve done the Mutoh  with STS inks is the best printer with the most accurate colors.
It is slow compared to the 2-4 head Chinese printers but much more reliable.
Mutoh has one head,  they are working on a bigger printer with 2 heads.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 07:27:38 AM »
I looked at Chinese printers really hard, couldn't do it. Plus they are the most obnoxious group of salesman I have ever had the pleasure of hanging up on... This should hopefully be a game changer for us. It has to be faster the theL1800, the RIP is better too so I'm hoping to finally hit a good grey.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 10:42:30 PM »
I saw the Mutoh printer last month at an embroidery show here in Japan. It’s ok but it didn’t really excite me to the extent that I would go and buy it now. I didn’t like the colors of the printed transfers. I’ll stick with Supacolor until more options become available. And our prices at Supacolor are very good, no set up fee, no shipping fees.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 04:44:45 PM »
Homer, what made you decide to do the Mutoh over say ColDesi? I'm starting to think of replacing our DTG with DTF and we have been growing transfers/webstores so in house DTF makes a lot of sense in the near future.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2022, 06:52:10 AM »
Homer, what made you decide to do the Mutoh over say ColDesi? I'm starting to think of replacing our DTG with DTF and we have been growing transfers/webstores so in house DTF makes a lot of sense in the near future.

we have two other large format Mutoh's in house for vehicle wraps, we're familiar with them. They are epson print heads but made in Japan, the Codesi is just a relabeled Chinese printer. Don't bother with any of the smaller sheet fed printers, go straight to roll. You'll save yourself some serious frustrations...

Rockers = I dont know what media and inks they were using at the show, but the prints we were putting out last night were amazing to me, super vibrant. on par with the Supa transfers...

Offline Admiral

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2022, 11:23:53 AM »

we have two other large format Mutoh's in house for vehicle wraps, we're familiar with them. They are epson print heads but made in Japan, the Codesi is just a relabeled Chinese printer. Don't bother with any of the smaller sheet fed printers, go straight to roll. You'll save yourself some serious frustrations...

Rockers = I dont know what media and inks they were using at the show, but the prints we were putting out last night were amazing to me, super vibrant. on par with the Supa transfers...

I'm definitely only considering the 24" roll printers.  ColDesi seemed to have better support and a faster printer than the Mutoh (STS) printer but perhaps the Mutoh makes higher quality.  I did like how the ColDesi circulates the white ink more than how ink circulation works on the Mutoh too.