Author Topic: Epson 4880 shifting and reprinting further down (images attached)  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Anyone why the printer keeps doing this?  I've cleaned the encoder strip.

RIP is Filmaker 4+

One is turned about 45* on top of the other... it skips downwards each time in case that's confusing.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Epson 4880 shifting and reprinting further down (images attached)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 12:19:15 PM »
When I've seen stuff like that from a printer it's usually some kind of communications error.
Start with the easy (cable/different USB port) and proceed to software/driver re-installation.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 12:27:01 PM »
Will do... we rebooted but I didn't think about changing USB cables.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 01:12:32 PM »
from what I remember, so please double check. . . I think I've seen that happen when the printer cleans the head during the printing. I think there is an option to disable that either in your RIP, printer driver or the printer itself. It's worth a check. Possibly put a camera on the printer and see what's going on.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 03:13:56 PM »
from what I remember, so please double check. . . I think I've seen that happen when the printer cleans the head during the printing. I think there is an option to disable that either in your RIP, printer driver or the printer itself. It's worth a check. Possibly put a camera on the printer and see what's going on.

pierre

It was film after film after film.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 03:21:06 PM »

pierre

It was film after film after film.

put a camera on it and check (printer will clean the head if it's running for a while). I think that was an issue for us at some point too. I think we started sending no more than 2 pages at a time...
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!