Author Topic: Inknovators waterbase inks  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Inknovators waterbase inks
« on: April 05, 2022, 12:58:24 AM »
We have been contacted by the folks from Inknovator Inks in Turkey. Good timing as we are about to make the switch from plastisol to waterbase inks. Magna Colour is still top of our list but it never hurts having an alternative option I guess. They offer us as well wholesale price even for small batches of ink. US$3.20 per KG. That`s compared to $6.10 from Magna Colour. I have just no idea if their inks are any good. Are they available in the US , has any of you ever used them? Feedback please.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: Inknovators waterbase inks
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 08:53:18 AM »
What about Matsui? They are right there. Or do they not deal directly with shops in Japan?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 10:37:48 AM »
Inknvator is fine. We tried them for a while, and they seemed ok. Much like any ink manufacturers though, it was really difficult to get any answers from them.

They even came to visit our facility, and we still couldn't really get any answers.

But like Brandon said, i'd visit with Matsui. Great ink, with a wide variety of products. They do tend to tweak formulas alot though.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 06:25:20 PM »
Inknvator is fine. We tried them for a while, and they seemed ok. Much like any ink manufacturers though, it was really difficult to get any answers from them.

They even came to visit our facility, and we still couldn't really get any answers.

But like Brandon said, i'd visit with Matsui. Great ink, with a wide variety of products. They do tend to tweak formulas alot though.
The problem with Matsui is they offer different products by region. The inks you get in the US are not what we can get in Japan. The product range here is very basic, mainly designed for table printing. Compare them to Magna it`s a difference like day and night, in favour for Magna. They do not even have a discharge white available here. It`s the same with Murakami, I have to buy our T9 emulsion from RIverCity. With FedEx shipping it`s still cheaper then most Murakami emulsions I can get over here.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 09:56:30 AM »
Interesting. I think you have brought this up before. It's interesting to see how companies can decide to offer this or that depending on location, demand, all that. I guess go with Magna. I know a few people that love it and we might look into it 3rd or 4th Quarter this year. But from what they all report it's extremely versatile.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2022, 11:11:49 AM »
I like the inknovators ink, however their support was majorly lacking so we dropped it.  D3 now distributes it, we tried I think before that when there was a "Turkish Invasion" of inks at ISS.

I like the hybrid HSA inks as they feel more like Silicon, Matsui makes a hybrid base but I've yet to try it (Acylicon?) as I've asked for samples but haven't seemed to get any.

If you can get support, and the price is half that of Magna, then I'd give it a shot.  I think it is difficult to work with, and is similar to Virus in workability, but the end result is really nice.

Still takes 3 screens for an acceptable white in my opinion, but Turkey is closer thank UK to Japan so may end up saving a lot of money in the long run if you can get the support needed to get up an running.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2022, 11:19:02 AM »
They opened an office in NV, so hopefully they'll be better at assistance. BUT, In my experience, waterbased ink assistance is very difficult.

Most people don't know the questions to ask, as there hasn't been proper training. Therefore the ink companies, or the emulsion companies, or the equipment manufacturers always blame someone else.

Inknvators is mainly a poly urethane WB ink, like virus. They have other models too, but that's why it's silicone like. It's very sheety.

Reece was selling their ink for a while too, but they couldn't get a footing. If i recall, Reece was selling it, as Addias opened up a facility in Okalahoma (maybe arkansas), and was using that ink specifically. Last i heard, Reece had several containers of this ink just rotting, because no one would buy it.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285