Author Topic: Pulse Networking software for Tajimas  (Read 2567 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Pulse Networking software for Tajimas
« on: April 09, 2022, 11:02:48 PM »
Anybody using it? What do we need to know?

Have our first Embroidery machine coming in couple of weeks and am thinking it would make sense to streamline the process as much as possible.

Which version should we get?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
Re: Pulse Networking software for Tajimas
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 11:16:30 PM »
Anybody using it? What do we need to know?

Have our first Embroidery machine coming in couple of weeks and am thinking it would make sense to streamline the process as much as possible.

Which version should we get?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

pierre
get as much as you can. especially if doing your own digitizing. if ordering online get editable files for you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 07:37:09 AM »
My experience: Go ahead and get Wilcom.  Pulse is a good software for Tajima, if you ever leave Tajima, Wilcom is where you will probably land.  Its probably the industry standard.  I was tajima for years, but when we made the switch to Barudan, there was no looking back.  Not bashing it, it is a great software (for Tajima).  Just my opinion....don't shoot me!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 07:38:56 AM »
My experience: Go ahead and get Wilcom.  Pulse is a good software for Tajima, if you ever leave Tajima, Wilcom is where you will probably land.  Its probably the industry standard.  I was tajima for years, but when we made the switch to Barudan, there was no looking back.  Not bashing it, it is a great software (for Tajima).  Just my opinion....don't shoot me!
Does Wilcom offer networking and data analytics for Tajima?
Why did you switch to Barudan?
pj
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Admiral

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 05:29:02 PM »
We use Illustrator Extreme, good level to have most tools and be efficient in digitizing.  I don't have experience or knowledge of the 2 more advanced levels but they are pricier so there is that!

We do network all machines (10 machines total) and barcode scan to pull in designs which works well.

Offline BorisB

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 02:41:35 PM »
Tajima machines run non standard networking protocol. While they have ethernet port, no direct connection is possible.
Pulse offers special rather pricey SW to network them. To me this is the worst thing with Tajima. For our 15 machines cost is about 20000€/$
To bypass this you can use Wilcom SW and their Connect device USB/ WiFi. To me better solution.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 03:00:02 PM »
Tajima machines run non standard networking protocol. While they have ethernet port, no direct connection is possible.
Pulse offers special rather pricey SW to network them. To me this is the worst thing with Tajima. For our 15 machines cost is about 20000€/$
To bypass this you can use Wilcom SW and their Connect device USB/ WiFi. To me better solution.

Sounds like you are talking about their enterprise networking software, not what is standard on small/medium size businesses.  LAN license is $200 per machine, it goes to the software dongle key to allow machine connection.

Offline BorisB

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2022, 03:08:04 PM »

Sounds like you are talking about their enterprise networking software, not what is standard on small/medium size businesses.  LAN license is $200 per machine, it goes to the software dongle key to allow machine connection.
Our dealer never mentioned anything like this. So you connect one machine to PC running Pulse digitizing SW? Or several?

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 06:01:03 PM »
Does Wilcom offer networking and data analytics for Tajima?
Why did you switch to Barudan?
pj
Wilcom does everything and more.  I switched to Barudan for 1 reason....ITS BETTER.   Does hats better, and sews small text better.  Again, my OPINION!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Admiral

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2022, 11:05:08 AM »

Our dealer never mentioned anything like this. So you connect one machine to PC running Pulse digitizing SW? Or several?

Several - to the network, not directly to the machine with the Pulse software.  The license is updated on the software dongle which allows the machine to connect to the Pulse software then.