Author Topic: Magnacolors White Discharge LO  (Read 2391 times)

Offline cclaud3

Magnacolors White Discharge LO
« on: April 13, 2022, 10:34:59 AM »
Hello, a few months ago we decided to start buying our white discharge ink in 120k containers. Really, due to lack of 30k container availability at the time. We went through plenty of 30ks before this particular series and it did fine.

The issue is that now that we are half way through this container the white doesn't want to clear all the way. More pressure, fresh blades, multiple durometers tried, etc. First half was fine. All of the other bases and inks are behaving correctly-use the same activator as well. Ran a drywall mud stirrer a couple of weeks ago thinking it was maybe a chemical separation. Didn't really change anything. We keep the lid on with the original lid locking mechanism. It's only open for a minute or so at a time since nothing else is mixed with it.

Dried out? How to resolve? Ivan is no longer with Magna so I would be asking clueless sales reps. Just thought I'd ask.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Magnacolors White Discharge LO
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 12:09:07 PM »
Hello, a few months ago we decided to start buying our white discharge ink in 120k containers. Really, due to lack of 30k container availability at the time. We went through plenty of 30ks before this particular series and it did fine.

The issue is that now that we are half way through this container the white doesn't want to clear all the way. More pressure, fresh blades, multiple durometers tried, etc. First half was fine. All of the other bases and inks are behaving correctly-use the same activator as well. Ran a drywall mud stirrer a couple of weeks ago thinking it was maybe a chemical separation. Didn't really change anything. We keep the lid on with the original lid locking mechanism. It's only open for a minute or so at a time since nothing else is mixed with it.

Dried out? How to resolve? Ivan is no longer with Magna so I would be asking clueless sales reps. Just thought I'd ask.

He works at GSG now. i think he is coming to visit us next week.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 12:23:51 PM »
Add a little fresh discharge base (clear discharge) to the batch to lower the viscosity. 

Also maybe try it in another screen to see if the screen could be the cuplrit, and not the ink itself.

Also could just add a little water as well but clear discharge base would likely not lower the performance as much as water.

I don't like how white discharge performs anymore, I just do white HSA now 3 screens to make it bling, yes it has hand, but it looks great.

Eric knows more than me though so maybe he'd say the above is bad ideas, I know Matsui used to have a thinner which was basically water with specific PH for refreshing water base inks, maybe Magna has something like that, but I'd first try a different screen, then discharge base, then water and see where that gets you for a quick fix.

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 08:43:18 AM »

He works at GSG now. i think he is coming to visit us next week.

Thanks for the info.