Author Topic: magnetic hoops. . .  (Read 4725 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
magnetic hoops. . .
« on: April 14, 2022, 11:11:12 AM »
Mighty hoop or Magic hoops, what ever they are called.

What do we need to know?
What should we purchase? Trying to decipher all available parts and not sure what we need. Can somebody help?

thanx,

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: magnetic hoops. . .
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 11:35:43 AM »
We just had a 4 head zsk racer installed about a month ago.  We went ahead and had them replace the regular hoops with the mighty hoops.   Mighty hoops are worth there weight in gold.  Just don't let them snap together with your fingers in the way.

Also, we ordered the Gen2 cap hoops..  They are super nice too.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 01:32:29 PM »
Funny that I see this post, I was just looking for some magnetic hoops, I agree I would go with those (magnetics) because you can hoop a lot of hard to hoop items
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Admiral

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 01:40:59 PM »
We have a lot of the 5.5 Mighty Hoops, they are great.  We have a couple of the fixtures from HoopMaster as well for them, I would look into that too!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 02:13:12 PM »
I have 16 ea 4.5 with barudan arms + fixture for sale
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 02:58:01 PM »
Hey Robert,

do the fixtures work with other sizes or are they specific that one?
Also, is 4.5 a good size to get?

what should we getting; what sizes?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2022, 03:10:22 PM »
Hey Robert,

pierre

You can buy various arms for differing machines. We use this size for logos 3.70 and smaller 90% of what we do. I feel these are absolute essentials, kind of like DTS you do not know how valuable they are until you use them.
Robert
allpremiums.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2022, 03:24:53 PM »
Hey Robert,

pierre

You can buy various arms for differing machines. We use this size for logos 3.70 and smaller 90% of what we do. I feel these are absolute essentials, kind of like DTS you do not know how valuable they are until you use them.

ugh, just realized it's barudan. DUH!

pierre

Offline DonR

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 06:42:52 PM »
We have a set of 5.5 inch Mighty Hoops for our Barudan that we use on hard to hoop items. However, for polos and other easy to hoop items I find the standard hoops are faster.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 06:50:54 PM »
OK,
Somebody please tell me what we should be getting!
pj

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2022, 08:59:18 AM »
Crest size hoops - 5.5" -  2 full sets, one on the machine, one hooped and ready to go.

Jacket back hoops - same

Sleeves - same.

size of hoop will be dependent on your sewing field. What machine did you get, I'm too lazy to look right now.  ;D
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2022, 09:04:30 AM »
Crest size hoops - 5.5" -  2 full sets, one on the machine, one hooped and ready to go.

Jacket back hoops - same

Sleeves - same.

size of hoop will be dependent on your sewing field. What machine did you get, I'm too lazy to look right now.  ;D

Ha, ha!
Tajima 6 head, standard field with their new automatic tensioning. Called EZ something. They had in stock and its on the way already.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2022, 09:37:40 AM »
perfect, order 2 sets (12) of 5.5" for crest size designs, then go from there. Be prepared to drop some coin but they are worth every penny. Hoop burn is for rookies.

https://www.mightyhoop.com/order%20pages/Order55.html

type in your sewing field so they can send the proper bracket.

PRO TIP: red Loctite on the nuts when you put them together, vibrations will cause them to back off.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2022, 09:46:38 AM »
We have a full set of the 5.5 & 4.5. We use the smaller ones for sleeves and such. It's a good starting point.

We didn't get the jacket backs.  I can't tell you the last time I used our regular ones.  It's not something we sew a lot of. You can always add them if needed, or get a single set of them to start. For us, those would be a waste of money.  I might buy one for the single head.

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2022, 11:02:36 AM »
perfect, order 2 sets (12) of 5.5" for crest size designs, then go from there. Be prepared to drop some coin but they are worth every penny. Hoop burn is for rookies.

https://www.mightyhoop.com/order%20pages/Order55.html

type in your sewing field so they can send the proper bracket.

PRO TIP: red Loctite on the nuts when you put them together, vibrations will cause them to back off.

The 4.5 is the one we use 90% of the time, the 5.5 are too large for many backpack applications and sleeve/shoulders. @ sets are a must. You do have to handle with care as to not bend the metal arms.

@Mk great tip, crazzy how often I find a loosened nut on arms.
Robert
allpremiums.com