Author Topic: making underbase with colorrange  (Read 3175 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
making underbase with colorrange
« on: April 27, 2022, 12:12:11 PM »
Can't remember if I did or not been so long doing manual seps, but can you or how do you make an underbase using colour range?
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: making underbase with colorrange
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 02:31:48 PM »
Actually, I wouldn't use Color Range to make an underbase, but without seeing the image, I probably shouldn't comment, let's say you have an image on a white background, I'd select the white background, and save it as a channel. Invert that, and choke it the appropriate amount, and there's your underbase. But again, without seeing the image...

Steve

I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 03:53:19 PM »
for a quick down and dirty, you could use the K in CMYK and invert it. It will be pretty close and it only takes about 20 seconds to do it.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 05:24:51 PM »
The image is distressed, and what I got from the custy is a jpeg/png so the png is the better to sep, trying to keep that distressed look without any white peeking out, but thanks I'll try that.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!