Author Topic: Substitute for Union EF Athletic White?  (Read 2857 times)

Offline sunday

• Verified/Junior
  • Your friendly neighborhood ink person :)
Substitute for Union EF Athletic White?
« on: April 27, 2022, 01:57:11 PM »
Do any of y'all knowledgeable folks know of a good substitute for Union EF Athletic White ink? We've been using it for a good while now on our numerator to print jerseys, but I've recently been informed by a sales rep that it's most likely on suspension. The jerseys are 100% nylon.

Thanks kindly!

Offline sunday

• Verified/Junior
Re: Substitute for Union EF Athletic White?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 05:58:42 PM »
An update for anyone interested: according to the folks at Avient, the 2 substitute inks for Union EF Athletic White are Zodiac Libra RFU White (no Nylobond/Hugger Catalyst needed) and Epic Topscore LC White (will require Nylobond/Hugger Catalyst to adhere to the garment). We just got in some Topscore LC White to our shop, so I'll report back after we've tested things out on press.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 11:03:16 AM »
I'll die on this hill...

One Stroke ELT......
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline sunday

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 02:50:14 PM »
I'll die on this hill...

One Stroke ELT......

We've got that ELT White in our shop, but it's usually used for things like rain jackets/ponchos/etc. I think we don't use it on jerseys because it doesn't have the same stretchiness as something like Athletic White. Have you used it on jerseys before, and if so, was there any cracking in the print when the fabric was stretched?

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 08:01:34 AM »
I'll die on this hill...

One Stroke ELT......

Very tempted to try this, but is it worth the $700+ for a 5'er? Might need to raise my prices again at those ink costs lol.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 04:00:14 PM »
I'll die on this hill...

One Stroke ELT......

Very tempted to try this, but is it worth the $700+ for a 5'er? Might need to raise my prices again at those ink costs lol.

well, it depends. We print in mostly cold weather, assorted items on almost every print run. It is expensive compared to some other inks but in the long run it's one less thing we have to screw around with. I haven't found an ink that prints like it. not even close. It's all that unicorn spit they use to make it driving the costs up! I still want to try the Monarch stuff just so I can say I tried it but....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Online farmboygraphics

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2022, 04:55:19 PM »
I'll die on this hill...

One Stroke ELT......

Had to check that price. Paid $616 for a five last Aug. plus $70 for shipping. I'm getting low and not sure if I'm up for dropping almost $800  :(
Tees and Coffee

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2022, 05:24:56 PM »
I'll die on this hill...

One Stroke ELT......

That’s the name I had been trying to remember.  Thanks!!!   The Bleed blocker is KILLER.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850