Author Topic: Standard Cap press VERSUS  (Read 1248 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Standard Cap press VERSUS
« on: May 06, 2022, 04:09:04 PM »
Have the Hotrinix cart open, trying to decide between the standard cap press or the $700 more 360iq cap press. Is it really beneficial to spend that much more? Only real advantage I see is the clamp for the hat it self. EI will wait to see replies here before clicking the button. BTW we are getting because we have thousands of bucket hats to do, when we told our emb operator she said she would quit if she had to hoop that many bucket hats ;D

"No man is an island"

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: Standard Cap press VERSUS
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 08:22:25 PM »
Hey we have the standard ones but 40MM / Merch Ops on here upgraded to the IQ ones I believe. He checks in here a good bit so he can help you pretty soon I hope

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 06:06:48 AM »
The lower heated platen was a huge upgrade for us. It also eliminated the crease we use to get near the crown. If you do a lot of patch hats it's well worth it IMO. Our Hotronix auto cap machine just sat there so we sold it.
We would buy another in a heart beat.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 06:12:35 AM by 1964GN »

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 08:29:02 AM »
The lower heated platen was a huge upgrade for us. It also eliminated the crease we use to get near the crown. If you do a lot of patch hats it's well worth it IMO. Our Hotronix auto cap machine just sat there so we sold it.
We would buy another in a heart beat.

Sounds like we should go with the IQ. Can't wait to try DTF transfers on this machine. I am new to Cap pressing, is it possible to get a good transfer over the center seam of hats?
"No man is an island"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 09:29:09 AM »
I am new to Cap pressing, is it possible to get a good transfer over the center seam of hats?

I do it often with vinyl, and recently tried a DTF transfer as an experiment, and it worked fine. Of coursae, it doesn't completely fill it in like embroidery might, but rather neatly follows the contour of the seams resulting in quite a nice look. Sure beats having to settle for the really limited offerings in five seamers.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Croft

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 12:18:38 PM »
IQ 100% , I bought a standard one a year before the IQ press , sold it right away y=the IQ works so much better the bottom heated platen makes jobs easier and no marks left in structured hats.

Offline TheGhost

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2022, 08:29:14 PM »
What's the max size on the IQ360?