Author Topic: Position of print on Hoodie back  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Position of print on Hoodie back
« on: May 11, 2022, 02:21:29 PM »
With a typical design, let's say 12" tall, do you cheat it down at all because of the risk of it being partially covered by the hood dangling?
My typical pacement (on a large) would have it 4.5" down from the seam. I probably tend to cheat it down another 1/2".
I have found that in general, when the shirt is worn, the hood does not go down as far as folks may fear.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
Re: Position of print on Hoodie back
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 02:41:38 PM »
Hoodie placement for me is at 5" from the hem. Also consider that when a zippered hoodie, is not zipped up, the hood will hang a lot lower.
Dale Hoyal

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 02:57:02 PM »
Hoodie placement for me is at 5" from the hem. Also consider that when a zippered hoodie, is not zipped up, the hood will hang a lot lower.

I generally adjust by 1/4" increments per size. Same for you? And, btw, I rarely get orders for full zips over pullovers.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 03:16:52 PM »
Not changing placement by size. I like to keep things simple, so we use standard placements and only change if requested by the client or necessitated by image/garment size. For example, the horizontal center of an image must not print lower than the horizontal center of the shirt. You run across this when trying to place tall images on small garments. In this case, you would want to shift placement closer to the neck or it looks as if the image is placed way too low. IMO.
Dale Hoyal

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 03:26:16 PM »
I have orders in house right now going from XS-XXl, so I find I do need to adjust the placement at the very least for XS-S, M-L, XL-XXL
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 06:24:14 PM by Frog »

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 05:40:14 PM »
this is a good question, we've printed tons of hoodies and our placement is about the same as a t-shirt,  we've ask people about lowering the print for the hood and they tell us no, put the print like you would on a tshirt because the print looked funny down that low.  I think if I remember correct that we place a print below the hood for a client and the next time we printed they ask that we move it up, so I'm going to say it's a customer call for us.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 08:17:18 AM »
6" is usually the max I would go down. 5" tends to be plenty since the hood doesn't go down that much when being worn.

Offline Croft

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2022, 09:21:46 AM »
were 6"-7" on adult hoodies for standard designs so it can be seen with hood down , if customer wants higher we warn about possible obscured design.