Author Topic: Auto squeegee maintenance/cleaning  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Auto squeegee maintenance/cleaning
« on: May 31, 2022, 01:50:33 PM »
Since I now have to keep up on how things are done (in art, sales and production), I caught the new hire taking it upon himself to clean the Auto squeegee maintenance/cleaning. THat’s great right?  But I don’t think he should be pounding with a hammer.   AS mentioned, his intentions are good, and he gets in it pretty deep. Mind ya, I mentioned he often also ruins things.

I need to know from you Guys/Gals, about what is the best method to remove stubborn screws in the Metal squeegees that holds the  runner in there.  Is it sitting in a tub of ink remover?  Something else?Right now, I hear him pounding on something and I walk back and he’s taking another squeegee cut piece, laying over the bolt so he doesn’t smash the bolt...and pounding the screw bolt out from the metal squeegee holder as they are stuck fast.  They ahve been there for a while and nobody ever has cleaned them like this guy is doing. So my guess is that there is a better way.

I also got from him, that he tried acetone to eat the ink away (on the auto squeegee holders bolts). I don’t like the sound of that. He’s already used acetone on our Power washer...and seized every nut on it. Either from the Acetone...or from just not ever being taken apart to clean...and time to replace...but I don’t know for sure. One of the other.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 01:53:46 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: Auto squeegee maintenance/cleaning
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 03:04:26 PM »
the M&R squeegees?

remove the nut, and use a socket that is larger than the head of the carriage bolt. set it into a vise and press the carriage bolt out of the squeegee.  then with a 1/4" (i think?) open end wrench unscrew it from the squeegee.

after cleaning, do the reverse.

i also tried a hammer my first squeegee and quickly learned that it didnt work.