Author Topic: Waterbased Camp 2022  (Read 2632 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Waterbased Camp 2022
« on: June 09, 2022, 09:51:11 AM »
Hi all, Made labs and SGIA is partnering on another water based camp. The last one in 2019 was a ton of fun, and this one will be no different.

It's going to be slightly different, where it won't be a head to head battle, but this time more discussion, and education around how to print water based ink.

https://madelab.io/product/waterbase-camp-class/

Hope to see some of you there!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Biverson

Re: Waterbased Camp 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 11:38:29 AM »
Nice! I was hoping the WB Camp would come back. I liked the first one. Interested to see how the layout will be. Please, please, please....not as much sponsor gobbly-gook (looking at you B+C). That seemed to take up most the first day. I liked the second day hands on. I hope yours will be a little more structured, but I hopped in and asked questions and perceived stuff and got a lot out of it.
Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 07:11:27 PM »
Nice! I was hoping the WB Camp would come back. I liked the first one. Interested to see how the layout will be. Please, please, please....not as much sponsor gobbly-gook (looking at you B+C). That seemed to take up most the first day. I liked the second day hands on. I hope yours will be a little more structured, but I hopped in and asked questions and perceived stuff and got a lot out of it.

The format will be much different. Much more hands on training, and demonstrations. It is focusing just on Matsui this time, so hopefully it's a bit more focused.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Biverson

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 12:35:10 AM »

The format will be much different. Much more hands on training, and demonstrations. It is focusing just on Matsui this time, so hopefully it's a bit more focused.
Nice. I just booked everything. I'm excited for it and really hope it does go into depth and can share experiences, knowledge, and best practices all around.

The biggest thing I'll be looking forward to is best usage for each type of ink. I've pretty much just kept it to discharge and HSA, not much standard or low solids. Matsui Stretch Matte has been my go to for opaque, solid colors and I'm interested to learn when to incorporate standard/low solids (?) into the mix.

Next up is heat and flash management and keeping the inks flowing. I've not had a problem with drying in the screen, but I don't do gigantic runs of WB....or my talks with Jesse and others about additives and RH have just paid off?

Ink formulation will be third. Had a good chat with John Sheridan awhile back and he said to double the pigment loads with Matsui and always add WF-N. That's been incredibly, incredibly helpful with opacity, color vibrancy and color matching. Most formulas have a 7% or less (guesstimate) pigment load and Neo can handle up to 15%, and a little more I've found. Matsui is awesome in terms of what you can "cook" up with their bases and additives, but finding that knowledge out in the wild can be hard if you're not calling Jesse, on the forums or FB groups, and really diving into it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com