Author Topic: Corel and Font Manager  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Corel and Font Manager
« on: August 26, 2022, 11:24:35 AM »
I have never used the font manager before but my system is lagging so I think this might help..... color me 6 shades of stupid but how does this thing work?! My Corel Fonts folder is empty, all my fonts are on my system, do I move them all to that corel font folder and delete them from the system? I watched some youtubes and I'm even more confused.

Corel 2021..
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Corel and Font Manager
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 11:30:51 AM »
If you are in a newer version of Corel that uses an integrated version if a font manager it is pretty damn sweet. You can filter your fonts right in the program, my suggestion is to only have a minimum installed because the font filter can also show uninstalled fonts. Which helps a lot with PC resources.

Since it sounds like you are going to start fresh I would close all programs and from the search open up Corel Font Manager. Have it do a full scan for all fonts on the PC that will include installed and uninstalled, it just searches out the files. Now that you have done that it has a record of all the fonts on the PC. On the right side is the pane for all installed fonts. You should go through it meticulous and uninstall but not delete all the fonts you do not need installed. You can filter out the system fonts so you do not accidentally uninstall a system font. Uninstall all the fonts that are high resource such as distressed fonts. All the symbol ones etc. Once you get your self down to around 1000 fonts you should be good. Remember you can always see the fonts that are not installed so they are always available.

"No man is an island"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 11:41:57 AM »
So, Inkman, or others with newer versions of DRAW, is Font Manager Corel's replacement for Font Navigator? (I am still using X6)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 11:45:27 AM »
So, Inkman, or others with newer versions of DRAW, is Font Manager Corel's replacement for Font Navigator? (I am still using X6)

Yes it is the replacement and it is a game changer in my opinion. The fact you can filter the fonts right in Corel on the fly and is huge. You can also create custom filters for fonts you want for specific uses such as athletic fonts etc.
"No man is an island"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 11:47:51 AM »
I've got 4,450 installed fonts.....SHYT...I need to test out a few fonts and see if this works. I think the grungy fonts are really slowing down Corel.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 11:56:18 AM »
4,450 plain fonts is slowing it down. When ever you open any program that relies on installed fonts it sees all those fonts. The grungy ones are horrible for when you are scrolling though fonts and the preview stalls for 30 seconds. Trust me 90% of those fonts do not need to be installed.
"No man is an island"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 12:06:52 PM »
I'm going through and sorting them out now, I hope this will speed up Corel, it's brutal right now.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 12:33:43 PM »
Another option, or not, I've been using https://wordmark.it/. I use side by side monitors and have this open in one while Corels open in the other. Comes in handy if I have to search fonts that don't come up in WTF. I believe it was mentioned on here awhile ago.
Tees and Coffee