Author Topic: still another one..Race for the cure?  (Read 2434 times)

Offline terryei

• !!!
still another one..Race for the cure?
« on: January 18, 2012, 09:28:35 AM »
As many of you know, the race was started here in Peoria.  Susan G. Komen was from Peoria.  It got HUGE!  It used to be everything was done here in town, ad work, art work, t-shirts, etc.  Now it's run from Texas.  There are hundreds of walks throughout the US and world.  How many of you have been asked to do shirts, with or without the ribbon?
Have a cancer survivor come in with 10 to 15 friends and they want to make a shirt for the race.
You tell them no?
Terry

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
Re: still another one..Race for the cure?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 10:27:29 AM »
I tell them yes. I've printed the ribbon before for small groups.

Komen says, in part:
"Komen will allow you to view and print information, documents and web pages located on the Sites for your own personal use but not for any for-profit or commercial activities or purposes or resale."

Looks like Komen does attempt to make the link for personal and non-profit use, which walk/race t-shirts would apply?

50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 11:41:48 AM »

Komen says, in part:
"Komen will allow you to view and print information, documents and web pages located on the Sites for your own personal use but not for any for-profit or commercial activities or purposes or resale."

Looks like Komen does attempt to make the link for personal and non-profit use, which walk/race t-shirts would apply?
Huh, it says "but not for any for-profit or commercial activities or purposes or resale."  Does this mean you would do this for no profit?  Walk and race t-shirts you would do for a walker would be sold to the walker for a profit?  If not, I'll send them to you to print for free....lol

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 11:48:11 AM »

Komen says, in part:

Huh, it says "but not for any for-profit or commercial activities or purposes or resale."  Does this mean you would do this for no profit?  Walk and race t-shirts you would do for a walker would be sold to the walker for a profit?  If not, I'll send them to you to print for free....lol

If your customer is ordering them for a non-profit event, I think that is considered as a non-profit.
It depends which way you look at them, you are making profit but the shirts are intended for a non-profit organization.

I guess.

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 12:02:48 PM »

Komen says, in part:

If your customer is ordering them for a non-profit event, I think that is considered as a non-profit.
It depends which way you look at them, you are making profit but the shirts are intended for a non-profit organization.

I guess.
I think that is a streatch.  There is a local biker bar that holds many poker runs.  Non profit, money raised is given to charity.  You think Harley would care if I did a few shirts?
Terry

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »

Komen says, in part:

I guess.
I think that is a streatch.  There is a local biker bar that holds many poker runs.  Non profit, money raised is given to charity.  You think Harley would care if I did a few shirts?
Terry

How does that have any connection to the issue we are talking about.
If your customer will give money to THEIR charity, he should be able to get the permission from THEM.

Local biker and Harley is not the same. If he choses to donate the money to the Harley charity (if they have one) I do not think that he would have issues with getting a permission from them.

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 12:36:00 PM »

Komen says, in part:

I guess.
Terry

If your customer will give money to THEIR charity, he should be able to get the permission from THEM.

Local biker and Harley is not the same. If he choses to donate the money to the Harley charity (if they have one) I do not think that he would have issues with getting a permission from them.
I'll bet Harley has a charity, and I'll bet they would not let yu print their shirts for a local guy that was going to give to them.  They would make you get the shirts from their prefered vendor...I think?
Terry

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 12:50:46 PM »

Komen says, in part:

I guess.
Terry

I'll bet Harley has a charity, and I'll bet they would not let yu print their shirts for a local guy that was going to give to them.  They would make you get the shirts from their prefered vendor...I think?
Terry

That is my point. YOU should not be getting the permissions. "The Local Guy" should be getting the permissions because he is organizing the event.
If he gets the permission, you should not worry about it. If he can not get it, you do not print.

EASY

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 01:03:11 PM »
That is my point. YOU should not be getting the permissions. "The Local Guy" should be getting the permissions because he is organizing the event.
If he gets the permission, you should not worry about it. If he can not get it, you do not print.
EASY

Whatever the permissions, great point that the person ordering the shirts should deal with securing the proper permission, NOT the printer.
Now...how do you know the permission is legit? Does it need to be notarized? My head is starting to hurt...
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 01:27:31 PM »
Dennis,
I get your point.  Let's say they don't give him permission.  You won't print...OK
thanks for the discussion
terry