Tutorials/Training Video or Step by step process. > Art/Separation Tutes

How can I add 3 images onto 1 transparency?

(1/3) > >>

ITZDesign:
I have separated my image using Ultraseps and now am wanting to print the 3 colour sep on 1 transparency(with reg marks).  Any suggestions? Normally I would send them to illustrator and print but am hoping to bypass a few steps.  Thanks in advance for your input.

Dottonedan:
I think that the only efficient way (now), after the seps have been done, is to put them into a vector file the way you have been.

To do it in Photoshop (at the beginning of the separation stage) and then through your auto sep program, you would have to have your page size set up (smaller than) your film output so that you can drop one image down in place... but all at the same resolutions.  Each file you want to combine, would need to be the same resolution (and not resized) so that it’s not re-sampled based on various resolutions.

I def would do it this way if having 2-3 files that fit on one film page such as a 13x19” film.

screenxpress:
It may just be me, but I'm not clear on the desired outcome here.  Is it for a 3 color image that is on the smaller size and wanting to save on film?  8 1/2x11 is considerably more cost effective than 13x19.  I keep 3 film sizes and let the artwork dictate.  Then again, I may continue to be foggy on this one. 

AntonySharples:
You can print each channel separate and on your print preview just move it to another location on the film.  It's easy.  I do it all the time.

Dottonedan:

--- Quote from: AntonySharples on November 01, 2022, 12:49:46 PM ---You can print each channel separate and on your print preview just move it to another location on the film.  It's easy.  I do it all the time.

--- End quote ---

Ha!  Nice.   I love the little work arounds we do in our business.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version