Author Topic: OMG online stores  (Read 3247 times)

Offline avogel

OMG online stores
« on: October 26, 2022, 06:47:11 PM »
A couple questions for those that have OMG or setup online stores using something similar.
Who in your organization sets these up? How long does it take on average to get a store going if all the product mockups are done?

Right now, I have the graphic artists do it. It takes a couple of hours for them to get a store going once they have art and mockups complete.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
Re: OMG online stores
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 11:04:48 PM »
My wife does it for a few schools and cheer teams... Depending on the number of items it can take anywhere from 1 - 4 hours building from scratch (using their templates for mocks up). She did say she reuses some shops and just changes the specifics to speed it up.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 12:05:17 PM »
I've done enough so that it's maybe an hour and a half now. I have a group of stores that repeat a couple of times a year, those go pretty quickly.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 12:50:27 PM »
back a few years ago before the vid, I could have one done in about 10 minutes. Now, with trying to find items and dealing with the BS within OMG -adjusting colors, prices, sizes are jacked on some products- I am a few hours, easy. I used to like stores, super fast, making money while you sleep. Now, I can't effing stand them.  they are not hard to do- but man if you miss a step you can really get yourself in a pickle....

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline aauusa

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2022, 07:51:08 AM »
I've too have done hundreds, so it takes an hour at most.  Big thing is to first spend the time to create your store templates, and get it accurate on all specs from price, style, sizes, shipping, etc.  like it is a final store but without artwork.  Use your most commonly used items, make sure to have both long and short sleeve, performance and cotton on just about all items. the templates must be very accurate to speed up the store building process; and i have several different templates which we use for different events, sports, schools etc.

Then when I build the store for a team, unit, business or school booster or elementary class. 
I will have there artwork already saved as a png file with no background.  We try to make the artwork a 1 or 2 color at most preferably 1 color and make screened transfers.

I then select the appropriate template and turn off the colors and products which I do not need.  Pricing is already done so it is just drop colors and style not needed and then add artwork which is upload once and copy paste.  takes the longest time 20 minutes or so.

I also have the banner sizes template saved so I can create a quick banner out of the artwork on the shirts,  use it as a background drop.

all the shipping stuff is done and I just need to name the site and send it.

can't say it enough  template template template.  build yours very detailed and accurate build multiple.

it is a big A$$ pain but well worth it for sure.

Offline rusty

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 11:05:12 AM »
So, are OMG stores still worth it?

Im getting asked for stores more and more and have to do something.

I had printavo but got rid of it cause it was way too expensive for what they offered and ink soft doesnt look to great.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 11:39:14 AM »

Before you do OMG, just do a Big Cartel store https://www.bigcartel.com/ or Store Envy https://storenvy.com/ which are both "free" for simple stores

Could start there to see if it makes sense for your business, I think stores are more work than it ends up being worth in most cases, lots of time invested to maybe sell 5 units or something.

https://ohsuimcu.storenvy.com/ is an example store I made that is fulfilled through https://www.printful.com/ so I never had to touch the product and the site can stay up indefinitely.

I've never had OMG other than them calling all the time, but I did have Inksoft which made tallying up the orders easy, but store setup was a little slow and the sites weren't very customizable, but does work although I don't recommend inksoft as it's too expensive for not working that well.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 01:44:49 PM »
We are pretty new to OMG. I think it has been about 18 months. We are still working out the logistics but I would have to say I think the return has been great. The schools love not having to be involved or guess at what they need to have in inventory. I love not having to do all the back and forth. Plus with the packing and stuff there are more avenues to earn/keep more of the profit.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2022, 07:40:02 PM »

Im getting asked for stores more and more and have to do something.

I had printavo but got rid of it cause it was way too expensive for what they offered and ink soft doesnt look to great.

see that's just the problem. if you want the school business, you have to do stores. They'll go to Fancloth, BSN or some place like that now that stores are so popular... I am hearing nothing but bad reviews about Fancloth, and I wouldn't feel bad if BSN got hit by a tornado..... Stores can be a great money maker or a giant time suck. This is where in house DTF is huge, selling one hat isn't too big of a deal. The issue is finding the garments and dealing with a school full of Karens asking you where their order is and  "this doesn't fit.... this has a hole in it"...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...