Author Topic: ELT-S Advice  (Read 5890 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
ELT-S Advice
« on: October 28, 2022, 09:07:31 AM »
I finally bit the bullet and decided to try a 5'er of this ink out, despite it being over double the price of what I normally use. While I find there are a lot of positives with this ink, I'm getting meh results. The stretch and body of the ink is absolutely great, but the ink itself just doesn't seem to matte the fibers down as well as Legacy White from IC or comparable Wilflex options. I've been printing through 150-S and 157 Hi Dro mesh. Tension is around 19-22N on all screens. Aside from the print results, this ink is insanely tacky after the flash. I've adjust times and temps and can't seem to get a good combination to avoid the tack. I gave up trying to use the roller after flash since it sticks so bad to the teflon sheet. I'll likely go back to my other brands after I finish this 5 gallon, but in the mean time, can anyone share their flash times and temp settings? I usually preheat my pallets to around 100 degrees before printing and I have my flash temp at 250 and will usually start at around 5 seconds and dial it down to 2.5 seconds as the pallets get warmer. I was unable to find specific flash guide lines from the One Stroke website.

Thanks!

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: ELT-S Advice
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 09:40:13 AM »
we flash twice at about 1.4s per flash at 70-75% on our units. We tend to prefer a lower and slower flash than cranking it at 100%

we have zero tack issues with that ink.  Their EJ special is pretty tacky for us.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 09:44:09 AM »
Everything you mention is just about what we do here when printing ELT-S, I've run into the tacky and what I did was add some of there auto formula to the ink,  other than that never really had any problems with the ink, this ink suppose to have a fast flash and cure at 280, give them a call
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 01:46:08 PM »
Can't speak to the ELT-S, but I've never had an issue with the ELT white. Never tacky, at least for me.
Tees and Coffee

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 01:58:29 PM »
we have the exact opposite of all your issues...something's up. that doesn't sound right at all
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...