Author Topic: Back in... again  (Read 5458 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Back in... again
« on: November 27, 2022, 05:13:38 PM »
This will most likely split off into other sections but looking to hear from those with pros and cons with ROQ equip and Printavo thanks in advance
tonypep

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Back in... again
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 05:18:45 PM »
Well Tony, obviously questions about equipment will do best in the Equipment section, while the  Printavo information will be the most useful in the Business and Shop Management section in Computers and Software.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 05:35:36 PM »
Thanks Andy, just feelin a bit lazy after t-day. Best to all BTW!

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 09:55:18 PM »
Welcome back man

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 08:32:57 AM »
we've been supper happy with ROQs going on 6 years now. Would not switch for anything.

Printavo has gotten a TON of bad press lately. Too expensive for what it does supposedly. We are happy with Teecal.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 09:29:42 AM »
As far as your data being in the cloud with a service like Printavo. Ask yourself, is that really a good idea?

Do you want for example a company like Printavo to be able to say X Shop has Y Customer doing Z sales each year. Be it a internal discussion or not.... imagine what could be done with that info. While they are friendly with other printers that aren't you. Not saying that is happening but you can't tell me that it isn't possible to happen.

Ill pass, freaking hard pass.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 11:06:36 AM »
As far as your data being in the cloud with a service like Printavo. Ask yourself, is that really a good idea?

Do you want for example a company like Printavo to be able to say X Shop has Y Customer doing Z sales each year. Be it a internal discussion or not.... imagine what could be done with that info. While they are friendly with other printers that aren't you. Not saying that is happening but you can't tell me that it isn't possible to happen.

Same here, when I think of the cloud I think of thunder storms/ bad weather and I don't need that LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 11:26:23 AM »
always excited to see you printing Tony!

Roq presses have been really great for us, and our expansion of WB printing.

Very easy to use, and they've grown out their team tremendously.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 12:36:30 PM »
we've been supper happy with ROQs going on 6 years now. Would not switch for anything.

Printavo has gotten a TON of bad press lately. Too expensive for what it does supposedly. We are happy with Teecal.

pierre

Pierre got me on TeeCal 10+ years ago.  I wouldn't switch to anything.  WAYYYYY better than anything for the cost.  Sort of scaled back Shopworx for a fraction of the cost and amazing support.

Roq press for 7 years I think??? We have one of the very first YOU's, no issues.  Over a million impressions and no major issues.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 05:37:57 PM »
I'm locked into Printavo and I think it'll be too difficult to switch at this point. I was grandfathered in at the $150 price point but a month or 2 ago they raised my monthly cost to $200 which was a bummer. It's definitely expensive, but it does make our workflow go really smooth and has helped us grow by keeping us organized which is what these programs are supposed to do I suppose. I never thought about the cloud issue so that is something to consider. Their iPhone app is pretty nice as well so that's another plus. I don't use a lot of the features on it because it was a bit glitchy at times. Sending the bill via the program always seemed to not go through to the client or end up in their junk mail so I just email myself the payment links and then copy and paste them to the customer. It's not the end of the world, but  it is an extra step. If they could keep it to $100-150 a month I would say it's definitely worth it, but $200 is steep and I'm sure it won't be the last price raise I'm forced into. I think of them like Apple - once you're in the ecosystem, it's hard to leave. Smart on their end.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2022, 12:30:07 PM »

Did you know that they had a data leak? They never told customers about it. Even today you can go on Bing and search up invoices from a shop you know is using Printavo.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2022, 12:55:04 PM »

Did you know that they had a data leak? They never told customers about it. Even today you can go on Bing and search up invoices from a shop you know is using Printavo.

That's what the rumor mill was saying.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline rusty

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2022, 01:58:49 PM »
thats wild. Very glad I left printavo

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2022, 07:34:07 PM »

Jesus, I had no idea this happened. That is very unsettling. Hope that extra $50 a month is going to some much better cybersecurity.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
Back in... again
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2022, 10:52:45 PM »
It’s not a rumour. Full invoices with customer data are still sitting online for all to see.

Also for many, the ‘grandfathered’ plans that would be honoured ‘indefinitely’ went from $99 to $399. Way more than an extra $50.

Plus the price acquisition by a venture capital firm.

Not to mention the new payment processor announcement forcing people to use their system.

They’ve got plenty of resources so hopefully we see some positive progress.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 10:55:30 PM by CBCB »