Author Topic: who's going to Long Beach 2023?  (Read 3728 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
who's going to Long Beach 2023?
« on: January 09, 2023, 03:05:15 PM »
I know Maxie is coming on Thursday. I will be there friday (afternoon?).

Who else?

Are we meeting?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: who's going to Long Beach 2023?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 04:23:30 PM »
i'll be there. East West has a booth in the ROQ atrium, and we are bringing a bunch of Night Owls staff as well!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 06:25:43 PM »
i'll be there. East West has a booth in the ROQ atrium, and we are bringing a bunch of Night Owls staff as well!

Are you going to have doughnuts? If you do I will stop by! :)

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 07:25:47 PM »
you going to have doughnuts?

Will have mints to help with the hangover breath!

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 10:01:09 AM »
When we had a booth at Baseball Winter Meetings we had bowl of aspirin and one of antacid tablets. Gotta know your crowd. Of course we had candy and mints, too.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2023, 02:20:12 PM »
you going to have doughnuts?

Will have mints to help with the hangover breath!

yeah we're gonna have mints!! and lots of give aways.
Night Owls

Offline BRGtshirts

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2023, 11:16:42 PM »
I know Maxie is coming on Thursday. I will be there friday (afternoon?).

Who else?

Are we meeting?

pierre

I'm going. Can't wait, been 4 years so looking forward to being on the floor again. If I see you I'll be sure to say hey. 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2023, 09:48:46 PM »
friday 2pm at Eric's booth.
Be there or be square!

pj

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2023, 06:41:46 PM »
friday 2pm at Eric's booth.
Be there or be square!

pj

yeah that would be killer! i'd def. buy donuts for that!
Night Owls

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2023, 11:34:22 AM »
Unfortunately, due to medical stuff at home I can't make this year. But Union Ink asked us to design and print a shirt for Relentless Merch and they had Relentless Merch design and print one for us. Had to be a "Metal" design. So we went all out and did fronts, backs, sleeves, and inside the shirt. We printed lyrics from 1981 Van Halen inside the shirt but backwards so if you hold it up to a mirror you can read the secret message.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2023, 10:21:43 AM »
If you are still at the show today come by the East West Booth so I can put a face to a username.

I'll be at the East West Machines booth most of the day, #3109 next to ROQ and Supacolor.  Say hi and let me know who you are!

Brandon, I'm going to hunt down your print today and see if I can find it.

Offline SERJ

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2023, 03:08:56 AM »
Hello everyone, it's a shame that I couldn't visit

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 08:42:18 AM »
For those of us that couldn't visit could someone please give a recap of the show or start a new thread about it?

Thanks!!!

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 01:32:29 PM »
Brandon, I tracked down your prints!  They displayed it in a way that you couldn't see any sleeves or anything but they looked great!  I dig the Wizard with the puff ink.

Hopefully someone can do their own recap, but this was my first show working on the other side as a "vendor", I was helping out Eric with the https://eastwestmachines.com booth and we had a very positive experience.  The carousel heat press was one of the biggest buzzes of the show, although I may have some biases on that opinion as I'm involved with the company.

However we had a lot of interest from people entering the industry that don't currently print and want to produce faster.  As well as Etsy sellers and business models outside the ones we have all been in on this board which were very excited with East West.

Outside of that, there were tons of DTF options, they had INO https://grafcoast.com/en/digital-machine/ino-sa.html which I've never seen at the show before which was a cool piece of equipment but more for transfer producers like Stahls, TKO, Supacolor.

Brother had a crazy 3 DTG printer that would compete with the ROQ Now, M&R Polaris, OVALJET, that was pretty wild looking, you can see it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC2OSgHgjRA

Michelle had all the designs that were printing on the Polaris designed with AI which of course she always has really cool artwork, but the AI stuff is next level because sometimes it creates details an artist wouldn't do, but that has really cool results.  I missed her AI talk as I was at the booth but I'll try to post it online if I can find it on Youtube.

Other than that, I didn't see anything that really popped out, but I see transfers are going to continue to improve and become a larger part of the industry to compliment screen print, and with East West automatic you can apply them in speeds more comparable to screen printing press.

Offline rusty

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2023, 02:59:24 PM »
cool stuff.

I heard there was also a lot of new smaller tshirt companies who are being very price competitive with the bigger manufacturers.