Author Topic: MidJourney anybody? Who is looking into the AI for art?  (Read 5525 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
MidJourney anybody? Who is looking into the AI for art?
« on: February 08, 2023, 11:17:05 AM »
just started playing with it and it is impressive! We very rarely do art as contract printers, but holy crap I'd be all over this if we had to design for our customers.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline farmboygraphics

Re: MidJourney anybody? Who is looking into the AI for art?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 12:32:48 PM »
It is a lot of fun. For me I still need pretty basic art for the customers I deal with for shirts. I've used it for a few decal jobs.
Instead of Artist, the new term will be Prompt Crafter. It's crazy and takes a bit of work to get the art right. I see folks with DTG and DTF getting the most use.
Tees and Coffee

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 01:26:24 PM »
It is a lot of fun. For me I still need pretty basic art for the customers I deal with for shirts. I've used it for a few decal jobs.
Instead of Artist, the new term will be Prompt Crafter. It's crazy and takes a bit of work to get the art right. I see folks with DTG and DTF getting the most use.

specify VECTOR and One Color (I usually tell it white on black). It changes things significantly. Also add Round Background and in many cases you'll get art that's usable.

pierre

p.s. for anybody interested in trying it out, I set up a channel on discord where we can also share notes/compare results. It is also less busy than doing it directly which can be hard due to the speed it's moving. dm me for the link please.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 03:43:39 PM by blue moon »
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 01:54:32 PM »

specify VECTOR and One Color (I usually tell it white on black). It changes things significantly. Also add Round Background and in many cases you'll get art that's usable.

pierre

Yes, I've been playing with it everyday for close to a month everyday after work (I don't recommend opening it at work LOL).

A few I played with for myself and some possible St. Pat tees.
(crow, one color design for a t-shirt, black and white, line art, hyper realistic, white background --no text)
(Illustrated Leprechaun with a beer, one color design for a t-shirt, black and white, line art, white background --no text)

I recommend consuming at much Youtube content as possible as the landscape changes daily.
Using ChatGPT to write prompts, this is one of many - https://youtu.be/DxCSUYgzu-c
If you've got a half hour to kill there's over 600 prompts here - https://youtu.be/VTsPTIZqAsk
Tees and Coffee

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 07:21:54 PM »
alright, I'm on the newbies board....this is so out of my element...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 07:32:19 PM »
alright, I'm on the newbies board....this is so out of my element...

do you have discord? (the app)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 07:34:42 PM »
I do now  ;D...trying to find my way through this. I need some youtubes....

this is CRAZY.....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 07:42:23 PM by Homer »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2023, 11:28:21 PM »
I do now  ;D...trying to find my way through this. I need some youtubes....

this is CRAZY.....

sent you the link

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2023, 08:15:12 AM »
Garbage in is no longer garbage out. https://replicate.com/nightmareai/real-esrgan
Find a crappy facebook logo and drop it in here.
Tees and Coffee

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2023, 08:31:18 AM »
Garbage in is no longer garbage out. https://replicate.com/nightmareai/real-esrgan
Find a crappy facebook logo and drop it in here.

Interesting! Not perfect, but could be very usable.

pierre

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2023, 09:51:54 AM »
thanks guys, I am getting NOTHING accomplished today....went down this rabbit hole head first  ::)  ;D

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2023, 12:27:45 PM »
thanks guys, I am getting NOTHING accomplished today....went down this rabbit hole head first  ::)  ;D

LOL, it's been 3 days for me! Put the computer away if you want to get anything done.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2023, 02:37:01 PM »
Why did I click on this page, I have too much work to do. Last week, Adobe gave me permission to use the Firefly beta, spent a little time there, but could have stayed all day...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2023, 12:19:52 PM »
Wow is all I got to say right now, technology is getting better everyday!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2023, 12:05:16 PM »
Now that the field is flooded with all sorts of graphic AI programs, was curious if anyone here has settled in to using any of it on a day to day? Midjourney as fallen by the wayside for me. 
Tees and Coffee