Author Topic: Susan G. Komen Ribbon Follow-Up...  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
Susan G. Komen Ribbon Follow-Up...
« on: January 19, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »
This may or may not shed a bit more light on the ribbon thing. I asked the Komen national office directly and they said:

"Great question, Bobby! Thanks for asking! Unfortunately, we don't allow participants to use our logo and ribbon on team shirts because only our top level sponsors are allowed to use our logo and ribbon. However, we have an "Official Race Team" badge that you can acquire from your Komen Affiliate to use as an alternative on your shirts. We can notify the Affiliate so they are aware that you will be contacting them!"

It would appear that no permission would ever be forthcoming to using the ribbon logo and other Komen marks unless you are a top level ($$$) sponsor who presumably would be printing very large quantities of shirts, such as for a Ford sponsored employee walk fundraiser.

http://ww5.komen.org/Partners/PartnersSponsors.html
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:50:33 PM by Fresh Baked Printing »
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Susan G. Komen Ribbon Follow-Up...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 02:44:10 PM »
Wow that is nice to know. If they ever went after all the people in the walk (that have shirts with the logo on their shirt) it would turn out to a major S_it storm. It’s a walk for their charity you think they would let participants use their logo. They are walking to give them the money. I am really surprised at their stance on this.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »
The money that they get from corporate sponsors pays for the administration costs so they do not want to harm those relationships....

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 02:58:06 PM »
The money that they get from corporate sponsors pays for the administration costs so they do not want to harm those relationships....

If you look at their sponsorship page, there are certain industries that are "full": http://ww5.komen.org/uploadedFiles/Content/Partners/BecomeOne/AttachFactSheet2010-2011updated.pdf
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 02:59:36 PM »
we are talking about the ribbon with a dot above it here, right? I can't see them having rights to a pink ribbon!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 03:35:52 PM »
we are talking about the ribbon with a dot above it here, right? I can't see them having rights to a pink ribbon!

pierre

I want to share my point of view of these Nonprofit Donation taking big corporations. I can't stand them. I worked for a big company once and United Way came in and we were told to donate 3 percent of our salary and we would be reimbursed (not sure why that was) so we did. I then later find out the person from United way that gave use the professional presentation makes over $250,000 a year. I ran the numbers a little (guessing) So my entire company would have not even paid here salary. That means we gave money to help the poor and all of our money wouldn't even pay her.

Its sad that this crap is legal. I know if these nonprofits didn't exist then the poor people would never get as much as they do now. It just makes no sense it costs so much money to get money from my pocket to a poor person.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 03:57:25 PM »

pierre

This is why when someone comes in needing it I draw my own. Just change it up a bit. Right or wrong its what I do.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 11:15:02 PM »

pierre

I want to share my point of view of these Nonprofit Donation taking big corporations. I can't stand them. I worked for a big company once and United Way came in and we were told to donate 3 percent of our salary and we would be reimbursed (not sure why that was) so we did. I then later find out the person from United way that gave use the professional presentation makes over $250,000 a year. I ran the numbers a little (guessing) So my entire company would have not even paid here salary. That means we gave money to help the poor and all of our money wouldn't even pay her.

Its sad that this crap is legal. I know if these nonprofits didn't exist then the poor people would never get as much as they do now. It just makes no sense it costs so much money to get money from my pocket to a poor person.

Just my 2 cents.

Looks like another nobly started thing just managed to end up lining a bunch of people's pockets. 

Actually becoming pretty commonplace these days.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers