Author Topic: Inksoft  (Read 2441 times)

Offline cclaud3

Inksoft
« on: March 09, 2023, 11:30:11 AM »
What is everyone doing for order proofs in Inksoft?
After signing up I was informed that you cannot send out a proof on an order.
They can only be attached to proposals or you send a separate proposal that is unable to be associated with an order.
There is also no customer portal. Had a couple of online meetings and asked a lot of questions. Didn't think that a few core functions weren't available.

The system allows for disabling the online designer tool and then the customer can just select how many ink colors per imprint location. After that, you can upload a design to the garment but can't request approval. You can't even directly message the customer once it's an order. Has to be an automated status change message.

We are getting into the online store setup.
Tried Deconetwork about 5 years ago. Still can't create sim process jobs on the backend for orders without their software recoloring the design. Talked the other day with them and it's still a problem.
Used Printavo for 4-5 years. Worked ok, looked clean, but merch was lacking. The huge price increase with the clunky production scheduler caused us to jump to Yoprint.
Yoprint is fine, no automated status changes yet and the scheduler isn't a flexible as we would like.
Tried teesom, it was ok but a bit clunky on some things such as attaching art to jobs. Displays strangely- separate at the bottom of the screen.
Order my gear harassed us on the phone for weeks.
Using Stahls spirit sale. it's ok for the price. A few bugs that tech support is quick to review. One bugged function is preventing us from using for all customers.

I don't believe it exists, but we want 1 program to rule them all. Modern user interface, production scheduling by imprint (not just order), online stores, partial receiving for POs, proofing, etc.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 11:34:14 AM by cclaud3 »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Inksoft
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 01:05:34 PM »
What is everyone doing for order proofs in Inksoft?
After signing up I was informed that you cannot send out a proof on an order.
They can only be attached to proposals or you send a separate proposal that is unable to be associated with an order.
There is also no customer portal. Had a couple of online meetings and asked a lot of questions. Didn't think that a few core functions weren't available.

The system allows for disabling the online designer tool and then the customer can just select how many ink colors per imprint location. After that, you can upload a design to the garment but can't request approval. You can't even directly message the customer once it's an order. Has to be an automated status change message.

We are getting into the online store setup.
Tried Deconetwork about 5 years ago. Still can't create sim process jobs on the backend for orders without their software recoloring the design. Talked the other day with them and it's still a problem.
Used Printavo for 4-5 years. Worked ok, looked clean, but merch was lacking. The huge price increase with the clunky production scheduler caused us to jump to Yoprint.
Yoprint is fine, no automated status changes yet and the scheduler isn't a flexible as we would like.
Tried teesom, it was ok but a bit clunky on some things such as attaching art to jobs. Displays strangely- separate at the bottom of the screen.
Order my gear harassed us on the phone for weeks.
Using Stahls spirit sale. it's ok for the price. A few bugs that tech support is quick to review. One bugged function is preventing us from using for all customers.

I don't believe it exists, but we want 1 program to rule them all. Modern user interface, production scheduling by imprint (not just order), online stores, partial receiving for POs, proofing, etc.

that's a long list... I doubt you will find somebody/something. Our industry is too small to warrant a large investment so our offering is rather weak. My suggestion would be to find the closest possible and then add what you need on your own. As long as you have data access you can program what you need. So pick something with an API.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 02:15:02 PM »
Yeah, it appears we will have to customize to have everything under one roof.

So specifically for Inksoft users: How do you handle proofs after the customer accepts a proposal (quote)?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 03:43:06 PM »
Yeah, it appears we will have to customize to have everything under one roof.

So specifically for Inksoft users: How do you handle proofs after the customer accepts a proposal (quote)?

How about the old way, attach them to an email? Primitive yes (lol) but it would get the job done until something better is figured out.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 11:28:22 PM »
we want 1 program to rule them all. Modern user interface, production scheduling by imprint (not just order), online stores, partial receiving for POs, proofing, etc.

I wish this too!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 01:13:47 PM »
we want 1 program to rule them all. Modern user interface, production scheduling by imprint (not just order), online stores, partial receiving for POs, proofing, etc.

I wish this too!

We were working on this. The amount of work involved to create it from scratch and have a seamless UI was daunting. We were looking at marketing it, but frankly, the space is crowded and getting people to change systems isn't an easy task.  We abandoned it after a few months.