Author Topic: this might be the end...  (Read 6201 times)

Online brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: this might be the end...
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2023, 11:11:53 AM »
I really hope you can save it. While the technology is changing fast the core foundation will be the same for a long time still and a lot of FB posts are just wrong. Thank you everyone over the years that has helped me be where I am today and where I am soon to be going.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2023, 12:20:43 PM »
Facebook groups suck for many reasons. Misinformation is a big one though.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2023, 12:25:39 PM »

At least on a very active FB group page, for better or worse, folks will be quick to point out disagreements.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TheGhost

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2023, 09:28:36 PM »
Hope it stays free and as it is. My favorite website to visit.

Offline rusty

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2023, 05:18:53 PM »
Yeah, love this place and hope it stays active somewhere else.

I would be happy to pay a fee for access to private area where discussion can be a bit more open regarding, methods, pricing, fulfillment options, etc. the nitty gritty

Either way I am thankful for everyone one here who has answered questions and given advice no matter how insignificant.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2023, 05:52:21 PM »
I'd happily pay a subscription to keep this going if that's what it takes... I've known of some you dudes for over 20 years, way too much valuable knowledge we can not afford to lose............ Like the last time with Preston....or the time before that.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2023, 10:33:50 AM »
Bummer. This place has been great. Really. Thank you all for all of the support though the years. I dont know where I'd be without TSB. Fingers crossed this gets moved to another server. Like homer I'd pay a subscription fee to keep it alive here or somewhere else. I have noticed traffic dropping over the past few years. I guess most everything has moved to social media. I hate that.. I get it but I also don't. It  just doesn't seem like a good place to learn to me.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2023, 11:55:25 AM »

Yes....but many Facebook groups have something this forum no longer has in general. Activity. This forum has a lot of great members and information.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2023, 12:02:27 PM »

Yes....but many Facebook groups have something this forum no longer has in general. Activity. This forum has a lot of great members and information.

which is in large part our fault. We have restricted the conversation to garment decorating and have not rally supported off topic conversations. If we had more conversations about BBQ sauce, we probably would have kept more ppl here. As it is, much of the stuff discussed on FB is not really relevant.

as you mentioned, this is the best resource for good information currently available, but once we sorta figure out what's right and what's wrong, not much is left to discuss...

pj
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2023, 12:07:51 PM »
It looks like Rick Roth will take it over and connect it to the ink kitchen. This is actually a good fit as he is going to connect the blog with a forum. Lets hope it works out…

This sounds like a perfect match for the future of TSB.  Thank you to Rick!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2023, 01:03:54 PM »
Just seeing this, as Homer stated I've chatted with many of you online and offline met in person for many years, so much great info here would be very hard to see it go, hope everything works with Rick and we all can still get and share info.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2023, 01:51:14 PM »

which is in large part our fault. We have restricted the conversation to garment decorating and have not rally supported off topic conversations. If we had more conversations about BBQ sauce, we probably would have kept more ppl here. As it is, much of the stuff discussed on FB is not really relevant.

as you mentioned, this is the best resource for good information currently available, but once we sorta figure out what's right and what's wrong, not much is left to discuss...

pj

For sure. Most any forum really, sucks on the a phone. It just does and that is where people want to get/share information.

So Facebook and other socials that have aps that are easy to use on a phone will win this, every time. Unfortunately.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2023, 09:00:08 AM »
Facebook popularity is not about phone Ap usability.   It’s because 95% of its users are already there logged in and viewing photos, videos, chatting with Mom and their kids or siblings and also other personal interest.

A quick click to a group and you’re in a private group of screen printers. Although some of the groups don’t make it so private. End users are able to pop in on some of them.  Phone app user friendly is only one part of many. Largest reason is just because they have easy access already being there.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2023, 12:01:24 PM »
Facebook popularity is not about phone Ap usability.   It’s because 95% of its users are already there logged in and viewing photos, videos, chatting with Mom and their kids or siblings and also other personal interest.

Of course popularity is about the App's usability. If it wasn't easy to use it would not be as popular. 97% of Facebook users access it via a phone/ap, that is a clear indication that it has excellent usability via the App, in contrast forums do not. I rarely access this or any forum from my phone for example. Mostly did so from a PC over the years.

A quick click to a group and you’re in a private group of screen printers. Although some of the groups don’t make it so private. End users are able to pop in on some of them.  Phone app user friendly is only one part of many. Largest reason is just because they have easy access already being there.

They are already there because it is easy to do so via the App, people don't stick around and use it because its hard to do? People want to share/get info on Facebook/other socials because it is easy/fast. That is because the App works great, the experience is simple which makes them want to be there and makes them want to participate in chatting with friends, chatting about work, joining a group and so on.

It's unfortunate. In general forums are still where the best information lives, but that wont be that way forever.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2023, 06:58:17 PM »
I literally just got back on here and now this? GET IT TOGETHER PEOPLE.

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)