Author Topic: Stainless Dip Tanks  (Read 3139 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Stainless Dip Tanks
« on: June 19, 2023, 03:02:31 PM »
Does anyone know where to purchase stainless dip tanks? We have one similar to the picture below and I want to get a couple
more. I believe they are specific to our industry (but might be for electroplating) and the only source I can find is in Europe.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
Re: Stainless Dip Tanks
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 03:29:45 PM »
CCI has stainless dip tanks.
Dale Hoyal

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 05:15:08 PM »
We'll I'll be danged. We buy from CCI all the time.

Thanks!

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 10:03:43 AM »
There must be someone in your area who works with stainless steel.    Restaurants etc all have sinks etc made of stainless steel.
I had one custom made.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 10:52:40 AM »
Years ago, I would go to a local sheet metal shop and have galvanized sinks built, fairly reasonable, never rusted on us or leaked. Does it have to be stainless?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 12:18:59 PM »
There must be someone in your area who works with stainless steel.    Restaurants etc all have sinks etc made of stainless steel.
I had one custom made.

I have access to a CNC press brake and can tig weld myself, I've thought pretty hard about it.
But the tanks we have appear to be drawn or formed somehow, fairly sure that takes some serious
serious machinery. Like the kind you have to stand ten feet away from while it's operating.

Years ago, I would go to a local sheet metal shop and have galvanized sinks built, fairly reasonable, never rusted on us or leaked. Does it have to be stainless?

Steve

Dip tank chems tend to react with plain steel, we had a MHM pin fall in once, killed the tank chems.
Not sure where galvy falls on that issue but in my mind it doesn't look good.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2023, 01:17:33 PM »

I have access to a CNC press brake and can tig weld myself, I've thought pretty hard about it.
But the tanks we have appear to be drawn or formed somehow, fairly sure that takes some serious
serious machinery. Like the kind you have to stand ten feet away from while it's operating.

The sink we have for developing was made by IT and it has a built-in dip tank on the left side. All of their stainless equipment is 100% tig welded (16? gauge I think). If you have access to a welder and a brake, have at it! Make sure you use some kind of jig to purge the backside of the weld with argon to avoid it looking like black chewing gum.  :o
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2023, 04:49:39 PM »
If you have access to a welder and a brake, have at it!

I appreciate the vote of confidence. Thin stainless is up there on the difficulty scale, I've done it before
but never 3 foot beads.

Make sure you use some kind of jig to purge the backside of the weld with argon to avoid it looking like black chewing gum.  :o

A grinder and paint...

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2023, 08:53:30 AM »
If you don't have stainless steel you can make it out of sheets of PVC glued together.   Make sure its thick enough so it won't buckle under the weight.
Another option is to make it out of wood coated with fibre glass.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il