Author Topic: Independence Day  (Read 3480 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Independence Day
« on: July 03, 2023, 11:19:15 AM »
A Very Happy Fourth of July to all. We're closed this week, but I'm here to collect mail today, and make a deposit, and thought I'd generate a tiny bit of action here on the site.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Independence Day
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 02:47:28 PM »
we're "closed" this week too for the first time, ever... Yet here I am working and had more walk-in customers today than all last week.  Once I figure out this no walk in stuff I'll be all set. drives me nuts but apparently people like to touch fabrics and ask a bazillion questions...

had one lady this morning say she found a kit on amazon to print her own shirts and thought it might be something to try, it doesn't look hard....

....Happy fourth....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 03:39:10 PM »

had one lady this morning say she found a kit on amazon to print her own shirts and thought it might be something to try, it doesn't look hard....

....Happy fourth....
I remember a quy coming in asking if I'd help him figure out the yudu he bought.  So I showed him my sportsman and said this is my yudu and that they are not the same so I probably couldn't figure his out.  Happy 4th everyone.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 05:27:42 PM »
Happy Fourth to all of you!
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2023, 12:12:56 PM »
We're closed this week,

Work holidays are cultural and America needs to get with this. We've certainly earned it and it's our gd birthday for cripessake.
I've long said "if UPS is working then we are working" but now UPS is asking us if we are working! No one wants to draw the line in the
sand but someone's gotta.

And for those of you not answering the phone but are taking walk-ins you're doing it backwards.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2023, 12:28:04 PM »
we're "closed" this week too for the first time, ever... Yet here I am working and had more walk-in customers today than all last week.  Once I figure out this no walk in stuff I'll be all set.
Tees and Coffee

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2023, 12:51:06 PM »
Well happy late 4th to all of you as well, we are back open today, we took days off last we to have a long weekend, had to take a break to check in here...weeding vinyl what fun  ;D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2023, 03:44:05 PM »

And for those of you not answering the phone but are taking walk-ins you're doing it backwards.[/b]

Explain, I'm all ears.....

- I'm making a new thread
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 03:58:44 PM by Homer »
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2023, 09:15:42 AM »
We're closed this week,

Work holidays are cultural and America needs to get with this. We've certainly earned it and it's our gd birthday for cripessake.
I've long said "if UPS is working then we are working" but now UPS is asking us if we are working! No one wants to draw the line in the
sand but someone's gotta.

And for those of you not answering the phone but are taking walk-ins you're doing it backwards.

Our experience was that the summers were always insanely busy, but 2008 changed all of that. We went from crazy to almost nothing in July, and the following  year was the same, so we made it a week where we closed, and saved the utilities at least. We close for the week of the 4th, and Christmas through New Year's Day. At first the July thing was too bizarre for my old head, but we must adapt. I was in twice, my partner was in once, and I checked mail from home...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't