Author Topic: Blue Water Labs  (Read 6792 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Blue Water Labs
« on: July 07, 2023, 09:13:26 AM »
Couple months back we added a Blue Water Labs reclaim unit. So far its really been great for our flow.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Blue Water Labs
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2023, 11:26:07 AM »
Nice! bluewater team rocks. We have machine number 7.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2023, 11:45:25 AM »
Nice! bluewater team rocks. We have machine number 7.

Great team for sure. Had a small hiccup after install and they were all over it.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 12:00:00 PM »
yeah, they are very responsive when it comes to issues. it's awesome.
Night Owls

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 01:41:37 PM »
Do these actually work? I haven't seen any promotional material from this particular company but all the other
company videos always seem to fade out as the screen is exiting if you know what I mean.

If there's one thing I've learned in screen cleaning is that ink (of any type) removal requires physical abrasion and not
just chemicals being shot at it. IE the new M&R squeegee clean thing is a non-starter.

The benefit of automated screen cleaning is super obvious, maybe directly in line after automated printing, but it
would have to be "put dirty screen in one end retrieve completely clean screen from other".

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2023, 02:09:06 PM »
Do these actually work? I haven't seen any promotional material from this particular company but all the other
company videos always seem to fade out as the screen is exiting if you know what I mean.

If there's one thing I've learned in screen cleaning is that ink (of any type) removal requires physical abrasion and not
just chemicals being shot at it. IE the new M&R squeegee clean thing is a non-starter.

The benefit of automated screen cleaning is super obvious, maybe directly in line after automated printing, but it
would have to be "put dirty screen in one end retrieve completely clean screen from other".

Most screens come out needing zero done to them, totally perfect. Small percentage will require a quick touch up by hand, talking seconds, this only generally happens if too much ink is left in the screen or some tape is left on the screen that blows off onto the screen. Beyond that we've had great results.

My guess is the reason you don't see videos of these things of a dirty screen going in and the same dirty screen coming out now clean is that's about a 10 minute ride or something through the thing. Would be a long video. But I agree, they all could do a better job showing that in some way, maybe speeding up the video in the middle or something.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2023, 02:55:27 PM »
Interesting that it's all HDPE (or is that polypro?).

Does it degrease and dry as well? We have an IT machine that spits out coat-able screens.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2023, 08:40:24 AM »
Interesting that it's all HDPE (or is that polypro?).

Does it degrease and dry as well? We have an IT machine that spits out coat-able screens.

I am not sure which it's made of.

Yes it dry's as well, I wouldn't say they are coming out 1000% dry but they are pretty dry.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2023, 10:01:03 AM »
We have one as well, not as extensive as the one in the pic, but we don't need it to take plastisol ink off so they made them a bit different. We have 2 units and love them. We are lucky enough to be like 45min from the factory so they have tested a few things out here. Also shot a lot of video, it is odd there is not video of them out there. Either way, I 100% recommend them. The people at the company and support(not just Alex) has been awesome!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2023, 11:52:44 AM »
Worth noting Alex came from M&R and was there when service/part availability was impeccable. So he gets it.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2023, 01:44:26 PM »
We have one as well, not as extensive as the one in the pic, but we don't need it to take plastisol ink off so they made them a bit different. We have 2 units and love them. We are lucky enough to be like 45min from the factory so they have tested a few things out here. Also shot a lot of video, it is odd there is not video of them out there. Either way, I 100% recommend them. The people at the company and support(not just Alex) has been awesome!

Alex, interested to hear about what your process is with your machine. We are running into some roadblocks with being exclusively WB, and Alex and I have been brainstorming new ideas weekly.
Night Owls

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2023, 03:57:56 PM »
Ours is literally a power washer on steroids in a box. I didn't want the emulsion remover built in, I have had my experience with that and just not interested. Screen goes into a dip tank then into the washer. Same person does that and does basically the reverse on the development side. Super smooth!
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2023, 05:17:27 PM »
Ours is literally a power washer on steroids in a box. I didn't want the emulsion remover built in, I have had my experience with that and just not interested. Screen goes into a dip tank then into the washer. Same person does that and does basically the reverse on the development side. Super smooth!

how much time do you believe your saving? Or hell, not even time -how much man power / effort are you saving? I'm all about increases in quality of life...

which model? I see variations...this has my interest
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2023, 10:00:35 AM »
No idea the model number, think he made it for me because I had been hounding him for years.... The "quality of life" increase at least for that particular job for that person is great. We will automate as much as we can then the 1 person just moves the screens and pushes buttons. It has been great. You can set it for as many "passes" as you want, we had it at 2 passes and it was just under 90 seconds per screen, so we upped it to 3 passes, it is right around 2 min now. I can ask Alex what they call this model and update you if you want. 
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2023, 10:30:23 AM »
No idea the model number, think he made it for me because I had been hounding him for years.... The "quality of life" increase at least for that particular job for that person is great. We will automate as much as we can then the 1 person just moves the screens and pushes buttons. It has been great. You can set it for as many "passes" as you want, we had it at 2 passes and it was just under 90 seconds per screen, so we upped it to 3 passes, it is right around 2 min now. I can ask Alex what they call this model and update you if you want.

Is this the one ?
https://screenprintingsupply.com/collections/hot-and-new/products/bluewater-labs-high-pressure-cleaning-system

Scott Thompson
404-583-4903