Author Topic: Someone please tralk me into buying a Stampinator  (Read 7465 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Someone please tralk me into buying a Stampinator
« on: July 29, 2023, 10:58:18 PM »
Our specs are ROQ Next 14/10 with Evo flash L and a ROQ Iron. I`m not too pleased with the performance of the ROQ Iron. Too much ink pick-up on the teflon sheet and too much blurry edges at times or smudged ink. We have stationed the Iron right after our first flash. I`m hoping for significant improvements using a Stampinator. Hoping as well for a less tacky underbase.

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Someone please tralk me into buying a Stampinator
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 11:22:39 AM »
We got ours up and running yesterday. First impressions, buy one. The prints feel way smoother, less "plastic", top colors appear a little brighter too.... Very expensive, about 3k more than it should be IMHO, but man, this is the way to go if you want better prints....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2023, 01:49:57 AM »
We got ours up and running yesterday. First impressions, buy one. The prints feel way smoother, less "plastic", top colors appear a little brighter too.... Very expensive, about 3k more than it should be IMHO, but man, this is the way to go if you want better prints....
How did you set it up? After the first flash or instead of the first flash (use it as the first flash)?

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2023, 11:57:31 AM »
at the moment, we have it as first flash in head 3. We have our standard flash on stand by if this fails but trial runs on Friday were very promising. We are curious to see if we can still preheat our platens with it, not too sure how that will work out. The teflon doesn't appear to stick to freshly tacked platens, so we may be ok. It says it comes "pre set" for your press as far as downward force but I can see us backing that off after some initial use.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2023, 07:02:29 PM »
I want to pull the trigger on one but I run almost every job on revolver mode so I'm worried about tackiness or other issues stamping each color on a revolve job. Any experience running a job like that or is this best used for single rotation jobs?

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2023, 10:18:52 AM »
I want to pull the trigger on one but I run almost every job on revolver mode so I'm worried about tackiness or other issues stamping each color on a revolve job. Any experience running a job like that or is this best used for single rotation jobs?

we don't do that often, but I don't think it would be an issue. Maybe I'll toss some rags on the press and send it around for a few rotations and see what happens. Not really much different than a regular flash, really....

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 03:34:55 PM »
I know the irons / hot head / stampinator have been popular for a while now… but why? It seems like a bandaid to me, am I wrong? If you just stir your ink and use light pressure / high speed / sharp angle through a properly tensioned frame with proper mesh selected you shouldn’t have to heat press anything… right? What am I missing here? Are the prints that much better? We missed the roller fad too… put me in the skeptical camp. Not that I’m against tech or gadgetry… I just rather not use bandaids. Better to get the core processes right imo.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2023, 04:24:42 PM »
I use a roller on all my underbases. I don't think it's a bandaid, it's a tool. Yes, it makes quite a difference, for me.
Tees and Coffee

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2023, 05:13:36 PM »
I know the irons / hot head / stampinator have been popular for a while now… but why? It seems like a bandaid to me, am I wrong? If you just stir your ink and use light pressure / high speed / sharp angle through a properly tensioned frame with proper mesh selected you shouldn’t have to heat press anything… right? What am I missing here? Are the prints that much better? We missed the roller fad too… put me in the skeptical camp. Not that I’m against tech or gadgetry… I just rather not use bandaids. Better to get the core processes right imo.

try it! heat press a printed shirt, see if you notice a difference. If you can get your bases that smooth by printing alone, man that's some serious skill. I do not have that at all  ;D

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2023, 02:23:51 PM »
I already have one, but if you don't love it I will buy it from you. They are just that good. You can't put them in the same group of the Iron/Hot head, those will move the shirt(especially fleece) when they are doing their thing. Stamp just does it. Set it and forget it. Only thing, I would say get a few extra teflon sheets it comes with. I figured I could use the rolls of teflon we have here, nope. Something to do with the thickness? Either way if you get a snag in the sheet it is noticeable on prints.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com