Author Topic: Pigment based Digital inks needed.  (Read 5508 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Pigment based Digital inks needed.
« on: August 02, 2023, 11:20:21 AM »
Hello all,

I'm looking for a supplier for CMYK inks that I'm told needs to be PIGMENT inks. Not dye based? Their regular supplier closed shop.

This is for a special product that needs full color printing on what is a medical grade adhesive nylon surface where the print bonds well with the substrate. Doesn't rub off or run/bleed when wet. It's like a wrist band...and needs to be waterproof.

I've tried Filmdirectonline.com where I got my film before and they have pigment based inks...but they only have black inks. Need CMYK.

Thanks in advance.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Pigment based Digital inks needed.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 11:52:08 AM »
You might want to start looking at pad printing inks Marabu, Boston Industrial Solutions etc

Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 12:27:59 PM »
By "digital" do you mean for a regular inkjet printer?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 02:16:56 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 04:08:09 PM »

Yes.  And I don't personally know anything about the different inks for digital printers, but apparently this person needing them had been printing with pigment-based inks and that worked well for them and what they do with it. Their previous suppler closed.

It needs to be waterproof when printed onto this nylon material that is on some kind of bracelet for cancer patients.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 04:17:52 PM »

Yes.  And I don't personally know anything about the different inks for digital printers, but apparently this person needing them had been printing with pigment-based inks and that worked well for them and what they do with it. Their previous suppler closed.

It needs to be waterproof when printed onto this nylon material that is on some kind of bracelet for cancer patients.

Well, Pigment based inks are what we have used forever for inkjet transfers. Some Epsons came with pigment inks from the factory (Durabrite). Since Cobra shut down, this is what I have turned to. https://www.inkowl.com/inkjet/ink-refill-kits/epson/premium-pigmented-120ml-bulk-kit-for-epson-durabrite-printers/P220/
Now, whether these will work on nylon and are truly waterproof I can't say, since with transfers, they are also bonding with the paper's clear membrane coating.
Then again, you never said if these perhaps were for transfers also.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 04:21:06 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 09:38:16 AM »
you may want to speak to some of the transfer companies, as some have a number of formulas. I was able to transfer a standard DTF to a nylon backpack, at around 270°, also did a run of nylon backpacks with specialty transfers made just for that purpose. Those were TPRNT.com and Supacolor. I see a lot of ads from some of the newer brands with assorted specialty products, so keep looking Dan, they are probably out there.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't