Author Topic: puff ink or additive that's CPSIA compliant  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
puff ink or additive that's CPSIA compliant
« on: August 10, 2023, 10:10:04 AM »
We on occasion get this request for puff, and we don't care for the puff additive we use. So one of our contract customer's end users is kicking around the idea of a design with puff on onesies, and are wondering if the ink is compliant. Before I go down a few rabbit holes, I was hoping someone could make a recommendation...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline CBCB

• !!!
Re: puff ink or additive that's CPSIA compliant
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 06:54:17 AM »
We on occasion get this request for puff, and we don't care for the puff additive we use. So one of our contract customer's end users is kicking around the idea of a design with puff on onesies, and are wondering if the ink is compliant. Before I go down a few rabbit holes, I was hoping someone could make a recommendation...

Steve
There’s people here who print kids stuff with discharge, or recommend solvent platen glues. People will proudly state their company is ‘non toxic’ while our industry promotes them. And we all know how our industry loves ‘eco friendly’ waterbased ink.

Point being, you need to go down the rabbit hole.

Every product in our industry should have an MSDS with it. But even then, some suppliers struggle to have a valid MSDS on file for their own products.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 09:10:13 AM »
I guess that's what Saturdays are for, uninterrupted hole digging. Yeah, people lie like crazy, not to start anything, just an observation of an old man. Thanks, and have a great weekend.

Steve

Ha, a very shallow hole; One Stroke 680 passes the test just fine according to the documentation on their site...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 09:42:33 AM by Sbrem »

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 06:27:05 PM »
It’s not the MSDs you need. You need a certificate of compline to CPSIA standards and/or Eco Passport. A reputable company like Avient will provide that providing you purchase their product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 12:06:52 PM »
Thank you, I looked over both their CPSIA test results and Certificate of Compliance.

Steve