Author Topic: RIP to printers that have Passed  (Read 8041 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
RIP to printers that have Passed
« on: August 15, 2023, 11:17:19 AM »
The other day I was looking for some old art files for a customers and run across some art from the one and only (Johnny) he had sent to me, I remember him using a Brown Electric press, he was the type of guy always on here ready to help anyone out if he could,  I think he lived in Tennessee.  I know he has been gone for some time and some us wonder hey what happen to so and so, well shout out to you Johnny RIP.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: RIP to printers that have Passed
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 11:21:08 AM »
The other day I was looking for some old art files for a customers and run across some art from the one and only (Johnny) he had sent to me, I remember him using a Brown Electric press, he was the type of guy always on here ready to help anyone out if he could,  I think he lived in Tennessee.  I know he has been gone for some time and some us wonder hey what happen to so and so, well shout out to you Johnny RIP.

Johnny from Killer Graphics was A-OK in my book. I nice, country style gentleman, I was sad to hear of his passing at the time.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 12:39:35 PM »
I remember him posting a video of printing in his basement...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 01:05:09 PM »
If any of you know any others printers/artist from here or this industry that's passed give them a shout out here!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 01:20:10 PM »
If any of you know any others printers/artist from here or this industry that's passed give them a shout out here!
Well, if we're extending this to other industry folk, rather than just board buddies and forum friends, Andy Brizio was a giant in the automotive T-Shirt world and he just passed either July 31, or August 1 (as I have read both)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2023, 03:56:38 PM »
I almost became one last week. Suffered a major heart attack and took a ride on a Life Star helicopter. Fortunately they got me in cath lab fast enough they were able to install a stint and stop the damage. Only a week later and I am back on my feet working.  I do have one more stint coming up in september but atleast now I know what to look forward to.
"No man is an island"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2023, 04:02:59 PM »
I almost became one last week. Suffered a major heart attack and took a ride on a Life Star helicopter. Fortunately they got me in cath lab fast enough they were able to install a stint and stop the damage. Only a week later and I am back on my feet working.  I do have one more stint coming up in september but atleast now I know what to look forward to.

Damn dude! glad to see you up and about, hit us up if you need anything.

I thought I read something about Preston, maybe he had a heart attack, not too sure though...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2023, 04:18:07 PM »

Holy cow, glad to hear you are alright.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2023, 04:26:46 PM »
BTW I mean stent not stint.

Oh yea for any of you that want to risk your heart by eating like crap and smoking, well the med I have to take for one year to protect the stent is $419 a month out of pocket.

Can't wait to see the helicopter fee
"No man is an island"

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2023, 09:37:03 AM »
BTW I mean stent not stint.

Oh yea for any of you that want to risk your heart by eating like crap and smoking, well the med I have to take for one year to protect the stent is $419 a month out of pocket.

Can't wait to see the helicopter fee

Glad you made it guy. I had a "silent" heart attack back in 2018, it wasn't  until 2020 that it was discovered. So they upped my BP meds and added Metoprolol to slow the heart down a little, a fairly common approach I was told by my doctor. So do what they tell you, and get better.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline prozyan

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2023, 11:02:14 AM »
Tom Knight passed not too long ago.  He was a great guy.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2023, 11:23:01 AM »

No way I never heard about that. Was he sick?
"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2023, 12:58:08 PM »
 Got a message one day that the guy (Dave) that created the first forum I joined way way back had died, he was printing late night in his shop and had a heart attack, wife came by and found him after calling and him not answering.  I just remembered that after hearing Mike talk about his heart attack, so RIP to Dave, no telling how big his forum might have been today had he lived and this was back in the Aol days.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2023, 01:46:08 PM »

No way I never heard about that. Was he sick?

I don't have any details.  Just had gotten word he passed sometime early this year.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2023, 01:52:47 PM »
I heard concussion that put him in the hospital. then pneumonia, then heart attack., Such a good dude. Advanced Artist new rep is a solid guy too, bailed me out big time the other day.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...