Author Topic: Photoshop or Illustrator  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
Photoshop or Illustrator
« on: September 13, 2023, 02:24:33 PM »
Does anyone use these Programs on computer and not online? I had both on my laptop and upgraded the operating system now neither one will work.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Photoshop or Illustrator
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 02:27:17 PM »
Folks are going to ask "What operating system?" "What versions PS and ILLY?"
It makes a difference.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 02:31:36 PM »
Don't know versions, I can't open to see.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 02:47:35 PM »
If you want to run the old versions of PS / AI you likely need to downgrade OSX. 99% sure the older versions are not compatible with anything past Catalina.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 02:51:59 PM »
Running a Mac, the newer are not compatible because they are missing something called "Rosetta"

I ran into this problem awhile ago. Even if had creative suite and did the upgrade each time, it's still a no go. Kinda sucks for people that bought  it and/ or bought the upgrade, then you are efed.

So I was kind of forced to go online subscription.

It was def their intention. They are making waaaaay more $$$

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 05:36:02 PM »
I ran into that when we upgraded our computers, so I got an old XP that runs my old Illy /Photoshop Win 7 that runs some stuff and Win 10 that runs my newer Illy /photoshop,  the new versions of Illy and photoshop have some really good tools but I still find myself working from my old XP Illy and Photoshop.  I just had a  XP laptop built to take the place of an old one running software that I wish not to repurchase, that I know won't work on the newer computers, I don't use the XP's online just to run old programs and I think XP was one best platforms Microsoft put out.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2023, 09:41:58 AM »
I went online with the monthly subscriptions a few years ago, so I could stop thinking about it. Now, I'm always up to date, and can just open and save files without the hassle, just another business expense. Instead of babying a computer forever, we can just do the work. I ran a Roland plotter for 25 years, and had to keep a 25 year old Mac clone to talk to it, then a different old Mac to bridge that one to our NAS. 3 years ago, I picked up a used Roland GX24 in perfect shape for half price, and that's that. Sometimes, you have to open the wallet and spend some dough to make the work more efficient, or easier as us lazy guys put it...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2023, 10:13:56 AM »
Yea I did the same thing with the subsriptions. Its an expense and nothing to macgyver.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2023, 10:36:52 AM »
Being on both a Mac and a PC here at home, did you know that if running a PC, Adobe only provides you with their "PC" latest version when updating...and Mac gets on time (latest) updates/bug fixes?  MAC gets first dibs at upgrades apparently. LOL.  Then they follow up with the PC version later.  At one point, I was around 2 years behind on updates compared to Mac before they updated the PC version again.  Since that time, tho, they seem to only be about 6 months behind. That to me, is running neck and neck.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850