Author Topic: New Tajima incoming!  (Read 3391 times)

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
New Tajima incoming!
« on: September 19, 2023, 07:21:37 PM »
We have a brand new Tajima TMEZ incoming. 6 Head version with ITM, and automatic thread tension adjustment. A slick freaking machine for us embroidery noobs. I'm freaking pumped, but also a little freaked out since it's the largest dollar value equipment purchase I've ever made. Literally the only piece of equipment I've bought new. Holy smokes.

We haven't done much embroidery before, but I really wanted a production machine. So.....i'm trying to hit the ground running after my early 90's era single head SWF debacle which has been sitting in a corner since 2019.

Looking at getting a hoop master. I can't imagine running a press without tri loc, and this look like the equivalent. Will the hoops that come with our machine work with it, or should I just bite the bullet and buy the magnetic hoops as well? If so, what size(s)? Starting off, we're mostly going to be doing L chests on polos and hats.

Next up, threads. I have a madeira account. Never really understood the difference between thread types. Poly neon / rayon etc. Is one better than the other? Does it vary by substrate, or is it a wash thing?

Anything else to know out of the gate? Hirsch has some training for us, but any expert advice will be helpful. Thanks yall!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: New Tajima incoming!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 08:39:17 AM »
Congrats!

Def magnetic... world of difference. And get the hoop master for the magnetic hoops. Ive got 2 per head.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 09:15:15 AM »
When you order a hoop master you specify which type of hoops you have and they provide the correct templates. I would never say no to magnetics if you can afford them.
"No man is an island"

Offline Admiral

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 11:37:19 AM »
TMEZ is the way to go.  I wish all of our machines didn't have the pickers - we have a couple multihead TMAR-KC Type IIs.

Magnetic for sure.  We have single heads for unique loads / bags but you may want to look into Hooptech ICTCS clamp hoops if you will do bags / pockets.  We just about never touch the stock green hoops of any size.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 01:25:59 PM »
TMEZ all the way!!! Our operator says it probably produces 10% more than non AI machines and the embroidery looks better than anything he's seen before. Easier, faster, better... what's not to like.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Admiral

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 02:31:43 PM »
How do you like your TMEZ?

It's all I want to order if we get more machines.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 05:40:02 PM »
Congrats!

Def magnetic... world of difference. And get the hoop master for the magnetic hoops. Ive got 2 per head.

Poly neon is best since they wont bleed with dry cleaner etc.. rayon does.
Akermann/ amann is also good for thread/backing etc...

Shane

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2024, 01:45:40 PM »
The TMEZ is freaking sweet. Only wish we would have gotten two of them! We went from next to zero embroidery knowledge to being able to run pretty much anything. Caps, bags, polos, heavy jackets, beanies, whatever. This thing eats anything we throw at it. Metallic thread, no problem. Thin text on structured hats, no problem. Seriously this machine is freaking awesome. The machine just works. I will say its a lot louder than i had thought, we'll have to move some offices. Ear pro all day for the staff it was measured it with the decibel meter and it was right at OSHA bad spot. But thats probably true of any 6 head. I don't think ill buy any other machine at this point.

We had a hat job that was contracted out to two other shops before us, nobody could do it. We picked up some thinner needles, lighter weight thread. Got some good digitizing and hit start. The customers are blown away. Maybe the other shops were sus, or this machine is just that good. Probably a bit of both hah!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2024, 03:53:52 PM »
Thats awesome to hear!

Now I am wondering..

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2024, 05:05:12 PM »
It seemed like I was one of the few back in the days we did embroidery (before the equipment got wet) I was a fan of Tajima. We had 46 heads and an 8 head ZSK. I just liked Tajima. Back then support was shaky at best.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA