Author Topic: Cure Issue? Customer Ironed it? Flabbergasted...  (Read 3610 times)

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
Cure Issue? Customer Ironed it? Flabbergasted...
« on: October 02, 2023, 10:11:46 AM »
OK, i have an odd one. Picture attached. Whole image is fine minus one side. It did not happen to any others in the run either. Maybe covered up in the dryer? But with a sweatshirt that would be tough as it wouldn't fit through the clearance of the dryer doors. Maybe the customer ironed it? Odd one to me. We have def ran things through with the wrong temp before and realized our mistake in the past and replaced a job or two over the years. But very odd that just one little portion of the imprint is coming off. Been doing this a while and cant see that I have ran into this one before!!

Offline scrubz

• Verified/Junior
Re: Cure Issue? Customer Ironed it? Flabbergasted...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 10:50:39 AM »
Looks like it may have rolled slightly when put on the dryer belt, that side wasn't facing up through the dryer?  Ironing will show melting/stretching/shrinking, ink smearing...

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 11:14:34 AM »
Almost definitely one sweat overlapped the other when layed on the belt

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 11:42:01 AM »
I agree with the overlap theory...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 11:55:35 AM »
Bummer, because that's a good looking print from what I can tell.

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 01:24:42 PM »
yeah they printed great! haha. until now. i agree with the overlap. maybe a rogue sleeve flopped over there.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2023, 05:33:39 PM »
Overlap seems likely.  One thing I noticed that also applies to curing garments properly is the amount of layers underneath can affect cure time.  Meaning if you have the bottom folder over, under part of the print, that part would have a slightly harder cure time even though most curing comes from the top.  Sleeve underneath the print could be a factor too (but that would be less noticeable than garment overlap).  Try a few tests with your settings.  Fleece needs more time in the dryer!