Author Topic: Exile RIP adjustment  (Read 4043 times)

Offline avogel

Exile RIP adjustment
« on: October 03, 2023, 03:58:04 PM »
Does anyone have any experience adjusting the Exile Spyder RIP for halftone dot gain? I asked the tech at install and he wasn't sure how to do it. Previously we were able to set curves on our Accurip for film output. I am hoping we can do the same on the CTS.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Exile RIP adjustment
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 05:57:34 PM »
I’m sure there is a way. But, someone, at the Co who sold you the Exile should know how/where.
Not all techs are totally savvy with everything but they all should have that one guy in the Co.

Where are you located?  If close, I would pop in myself to take a look but they should be able to help you there. Dig deeper. Demand more from them. It’s what they are supposed to know.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 06:14:14 PM »
You can setup curves in the Harlequin RIP to compensate for gain / loss.

It's not in the exile software but the RIP which outputs the TIFF files the Spyder reads.

You can setup different "printers" that will use a different curve as well which can be helpful in improving the curve.

This may not be the exact RIP manual, but will probably get you there, look on page 450 https://ctp-support.nl/downloads/rip_manual7.pdf

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 10:38:09 PM »
Does anyone have any experience adjusting the Exile Spyder RIP for halftone dot gain? I asked the tech at install and he wasn't sure how to do it. Previously we were able to set curves on our Accurip for film output. I am hoping we can do the same on the CTS.
Who is your tech? Eddie or Jose can help you. Or get in touch with Exile in Europe. They have very good support.