Author Topic: Compressor Noise  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
Compressor Noise
« on: October 13, 2023, 07:46:34 PM »
Quincy Compressor makes a knocking noise periodically. Someone suggested it may be the Pressure Relief Valve on top of Compressor. When I purchased the part from Quincy distributer they told me that if this did not fix it then it would be the Valve Plate needing to be replaced. Replaced the Valve Plate and it still makes the noise. Any ideas?
Thanks
Pete

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Compressor Noise
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 03:16:25 PM »
Google search with "Quincy Compressor makes a knocking noise" brought this up:

https://www.quincycompressor.com/whats-wrong-with-my-air-compressor/#excessive-noise
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2023, 08:45:36 PM »
Thank You

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2023, 10:12:55 PM »
I hope it points you to the fix.  GL
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 08:22:29 AM »
Is it a knocking or burst of air you are hearing. Assuming it's a 310 and knocking it could be one of the valve cartridges or the unloader piston. Sometimes the inlet valve will get stuck and could hit the piston. There is an o-ring on the unloader valve, when that goes bad you can hear it clicking along with excessive time to close.