Author Topic: Pellons  (Read 3243 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Pellons
« on: October 25, 2023, 05:56:11 PM »
I've been doing this for awhile now and would like to think I'm fairly capable but I've never been able to
flash a print on a pellon without it curling up and burning. Am I missing something?

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: Pellons
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 06:38:02 AM »
I always had the same issue and on our old workhorse auto one went up in flames real quick and that was the last time I used them. Now I just have an overflowing box of test shirts. I wish pellons worked well so I could save the hassle going through test shirts to fine and open area lol.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2023, 09:44:32 AM »
we moved away from pellons at least 20 years ago.  They burn so easily it's hard to register stuff on them.

I also hate buying something when I can repurpose misprints or flawed garments.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 10:13:10 AM »
I also stop using pellons many years ago for the same reasons, I started using tubes until the price just got to high, now I use misprints until I can't get a print anywhere on it inside and out LOL, I saw someone using registration tape, never used it myself, but I don't think that's what your looking for?
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Admiral

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2023, 11:01:23 AM »
We tried them for a bit like 8 years ago.  I remember them not being that great as well, CMYK to get prints going was one area I liked using them though.  We have plenty of test garments, not even from misprints but we find small holes / stains and have a high quality control so end up with plenty of test print material that way.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2023, 11:08:08 AM »
Okay at least its not just me. And yes I've set one aflame as well.

Was asking mainly because I've had a stack of them bumming around the shop for 8 years or whenever
the last one I burnt was. I guess it can go bye bye now.

Offline rusty

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2023, 11:34:04 AM »
we use em mainly for one color tests, but to flash em for multicolor we can't bring em up. they at regular level and a quick flash works fine.

I prefer tshirts anyway for dialing in squeegee pressure if needed

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2023, 11:45:13 AM »
Same here, it's been a good 15 or more years since we used them. I guess they've gone the way of staple tape, if anyone here is old enough to know what that is...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2023, 11:46:15 AM »
pellons are only good for embroidery sew outs if you're in a pinch... test print tubes, that's where it's at. I just cant justify the expense when we have a box....or more  ::)....of mistakes.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...