Author Topic: Spacing question  (Read 5254 times)

Offline Scobey Peterman

Spacing question
« on: October 26, 2023, 01:32:06 PM »
I have a customer who want two small print on the from of 100 sweat shirts.  One of them is the name of the company and the other would say something like " 5 YEARS OF SERVICE"

This would be like doing two heart prints on on each side.   How would you print this????

One side at a time and mark the shirts to get the text at the same height?? I can do this using the lasers I have

Print both at the same time with different spacing between the words for different size shirts.

One size for small and med.  Another one for large & XL. Another for 2XL & 3XL??

You thoughts.

Thanks
Quality over Quantity

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Spacing question
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 01:44:47 PM »
We've done them both ways you've described. It really comes down to the size range involved and what the client is willing
to pay for, but generally speaking using a laser is my preference.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 09:34:55 AM »
We do 2 separate prints. Use lasers so we now where to load.

Years ago I tried both at once and I didn't like it.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 09:46:38 AM »
We don't space for larger sizes, rather we place them 4" off center, in this case on both sides. We have never had a complaint about it in 31 years here. Maybe we're just lucky, but I don't think so. The center of a shirt is in the same place on any size. But, if one feels they need to do that, as I have seen in more than a few discussions, then go for it. If I'm reading this correctly, then it's the company name on the left, and assorted years of service on the right, then I'd set it up as multi-color job, and swap out screens for each years of service level needed.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't