Author Topic: PrintGrip  (Read 8045 times)

Offline farmboygraphics

PrintGrip
« on: November 16, 2023, 07:43:52 AM »
Anyone used this, thoughts? https://www.print-grip.com/
Tees and Coffee

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: PrintGrip
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 09:30:09 AM »
interesting. I just ordered the sample pack..... I remember a film / top coat paper material that was like teeth / velcro for hoodies, I don't know what ever happened to that. If there's a better way to go, I'm all for it.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 09:35:06 AM »
Sticky paper right?, I can it being faster to use than what I do now which is apply my pallet tape then coat with glue, but as far as getting it sticky again I do the same thing until it just needs to be removed.  Cost per sheet vs cost per roll of pallet tape would come into play for me.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 09:43:08 AM »
interesting. I just ordered the sample pack..... I remember a film / top coat paper material that was like teeth / velcro for hoodies, I don't know what ever happened to that. If there's a better way to go, I'm all for it.

If you find out what that was and if it's still on the market for hoodies let me know, I hate printing hoodies because I have to use that web tack spray, the glue just won't hold then in place well enough.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023, 10:05:05 AM »
Sticky paper right?, I can it being faster to use than what I do now which is apply my pallet tape then coat with glue, but as far as getting it sticky again I do the same thing until it just needs to be removed.  Cost per sheet vs cost per roll of pallet tape would come into play for me.

we do the same, we do two or three layers of R tape and dye our glue purple so we can see it while applying. Print a few weeks then tear off a layer, re glue.... If we can go longer between changing out the tape or re glueing, I'm all for it. Cost doesn't matter to me as much as quality of life, applying pallet tape sucks and takes way too long. Spray glues of any kind is devil spawn.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2023, 10:43:30 AM »

If you find out what that was and if it's still on the market for hoodies let me know, I hate printing hoodies because I have to use that web tack spray, the glue just won't hold then in place well enough.

Back when they were newish, I tried them. They weren't a film, but rather thin sheet metal or rigid plastic. Had three for adult boards and three for youth. I seem to remember them working better on some pieces than others, and I quit using them. Jennings marketed them, but I think that I may have gotten them from the manufacturer. I'll dig them out and see what details I can ascertain.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2023, 11:14:14 AM »
We tried one, but no one liked it very much and went back to the old way.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2023, 11:38:13 AM »
we've been using this for 6 to 8 months. We have 2 of our 3 presses running it. We absolutely love it. It lasts much longer than traditional wb adhesive.

It can accept spray tack/web for fleece, and can be cleaned off.

We've also found that if you using something like Saati's IR26 with water, the solvents make the print grip EVEN tackier.

we do struggle with highly linty shirts like pigment dyed shirts, needing to be scrubbed more frequently.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2023, 12:36:52 PM »
I tried the ones that Jennings had also years ago.. didn't like it.  But could be different than 10-12 years ago.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2023, 12:43:16 PM »
we've been using this for 6 to 8 months. We have 2 of our 3 presses running it. We absolutely love it. It lasts much longer than traditional wb adhesive.

It can accept spray tack/web for fleece, and can be cleaned off.

We've also found that if you using something like Saati's IR26 with water, the solvents make the print grip EVEN tackier.

we do struggle with highly linty shirts like pigment dyed shirts, needing to be scrubbed more frequently.

youve been using the printgrip material with spray tack?

in either case, how long does the printgrip last before you have to put a new set of printgrip back on?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2023, 03:19:40 PM »
So keep in mind we only print HSA/WB/DC, and the way this was sold to me is that one of the big guys, paramount maybe did a 70kpc run for NIKE with HSA, and it last the entire time.

I don't know if we've done that many units, but we've been on the same set since Feb.

Our second press had it added in August.

Ive been really impressed with how long it lasts, and doesn't seem to have the same off gassing issues as watebased glue.
Night Owls

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2023, 09:26:01 AM »
What do you use to clean off the web tack for fleece?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2023, 09:56:04 AM »
What do you use to clean off the web tack for fleece?

Yeah I would like to know to, because we are doing a lot of fleece right now and I hate using the web tack spray, the glue just want hold for more than a round or two before we to reglue so I just use the spray

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2023, 01:45:40 PM »
water and scrubbing pad or brush.
Night Owls

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2023, 07:05:10 AM »
So keep in mind we only print HSA/WB/DC, and the way this was sold to me is that one of the big guys, paramount maybe did a 70kpc run for NIKE with HSA, and it last the entire time.

I don't know if we've done that many units, but we've been on the same set since Feb.

Our second press had it added in August.

Ive been really impressed with how long it lasts, and doesn't seem to have the same off gassing issues as watebased glue.
Can I ask what pallet size you are on? I noticed the print grip sheets are very limited in size. In order to cover one pallet from front to back we would need one and a half sheets. It seems the print grip sheets are designed for standard M&R size pallets.