Author Topic: Guess who I ran into from the old forums?  (Read 3475 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Guess who I ran into from the old forums?
« on: December 07, 2023, 12:36:22 PM »
At the Co Christmas party with.

There were some Video of the shop but I’ll have to post those later.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 07:29:58 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Guess who?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 07:24:05 PM »
So, here, we have Bob Brown,  (previous art director of Main Gate Apparel in Indianapolis Indiana,
Dot-Tone-Dan and Scott Seibel (CamandZ).

Scott and I now work together (from our homes) for Legends Global Merchandise and we gathered all from many states for our Christmas party. After knowing Bob and Scott for many years over the Internet, we finally met face to face. We had a blast and we are about to close it out tonight for some more fun discussions and a few adult beverages.

I wanted to post these pics as it’s kind of rare that we get to meet old Internet friends from TSMB and TSB. Good times.

The photos seemed a little distorted. Scott’s really only about 1” taller than me.  :)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline zanegun08

Re: Guess who I ran into from the old forums?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 08:34:12 PM »
Clearly about 3 fingers from the collar taller than you, so definitely more than 1".

I'd say your +- tolerance is out of spec on this one Dan.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 11:02:48 PM »
We’ve had several pictures taken and we joked about it. I think I lean a little back and he leans a little forward and adds 4” difference. lol.

Scott’s always had this even keel personality and intelligence about him that I don’t see in as many artist out there. Great guy for sure! If was a great pleasure meeting up with him and Bob Brown who is a known industry legend by most apparel artist.  I’m sure we will do it again sooner next time.

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2023, 09:34:30 AM »
It was truly a privilege meeting you after all these years, Dan! It was a fun time and I can't wait till the next one.

And Bob was "Hookfoot" on the old boards, he didn't post much, but he's one of the old school of motorsports artists from the time of Tedder and Jeri. He's a great guy as well.

I think we work for a pretty good company, I mean we actually work for Jerry Jones of Dallas Cowboys fame.  ;)
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2023, 09:38:00 AM »
And yeah, everybody said "I thought you'd be shorter" and one of the gals, Mia, kept confusing me with Joe.

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2023, 01:52:08 PM »
Is Jeri still doing art,? I know she was having some eye problems years ago among other things, she really taught me a few good tricks doing car art
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2023, 03:27:11 PM »
No, she's retired. Her son Chad was doing some jobs with her direction, not sure if he still is.

She has Sarcoidosis, a cancer-like growth that attacks various parts of the body.  :'(