Author Topic: Whats better than Hotronix?  (Read 5215 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Whats better than Hotronix?
« on: December 12, 2023, 11:45:18 AM »
I am DONE! with Hotronix. There has to be a better solution out there. What are people using?

Currently we have two Fusion IQ, and one Fusion IQ Air

e also have two 360 IQ hat presses.

The fit and finish on these machines is complete garbage, the material used is garbage, mostly soft pot metal. Both our Fusion IQ's are falling apart and both are only two years old. The Air IQ is 3 years old and gives us fits constantly.

One of the 360 Hat presses is defective,  does not have enough magnetic strength to keep it closed, I have contacted support and the only reply I got was a sales pitch.

For the amount of money these things cost we expect better quality and QC.

We have moved heavily into pressing and wish to purchase more machines, just not Hotronix!

So whats the Cadillac of heat presses out there?
"No man is an island"

Offline rusty

Re: Whats better than Hotronix?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 12:07:38 PM »
Man, my hotronix recently failed due to a wiring thing and I can't figure it out and getting in there is very annoying. And I bought it off a business partner and they won't help me cause I am not the original owner!

Any way I borrowed a Hix press from another person I do work with. He found it in the garbage 25 years ago and it works like a champ. A little finicky with the heat and it needs a compressor but relly saved me the past week.

I am also in search of a reliable press if anyone has any suggestions.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 12:11:51 PM »
I like my two old (non-Cadilac) George Knight presses, and have gotten great personal tech support from them.
I also think that Insta puts out quality stuff.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2023, 12:27:40 PM »
I like my two old (non-Cadilac) George Knight presses, and have gotten great personal tech support from them.
I also think that Insta puts out quality stuff.

I'll second George Knight. Had one for over 25 years, a simple clamshell. We picked up a DC16AP (Air) used off eBay last year, and after a couple of very minor fixes, it's been great. Their service is very good too, in my experience. As for Hotronix, I picked up one of their hat presses 20 years ago, and it's still running just the way it's supposed to. It does sound like their quality has gone down.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2023, 12:29:48 PM »
Stahls or Instagrafix always my go to Hotronix/Hix not for daily industrial use IMO

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2023, 12:44:01 PM »
we have three George Knight heat presses - two are DK20SP swing away air, the other one is a simple hat press.   the only thing i would change is the sensor that detects if it over the platen.  ours seems to move every few weeks.    we have various platens that werent terribly expensive. 

sometimes we press 2000 shirts a week, sometimes its 100...  depends on the workload.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2023, 01:01:30 PM »
I like most of the new shuttles, auto swingaway/foot pedal/air op from stahls. Even some rotaryi$$$$. Would never buy a manual for anykind of daily use or consistent volume.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2023, 01:38:38 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, sounds like Geo Knight is something to look into.

We want a combination of manual and automatic going, manual for the lower qty stuff and odd ball stuff.

The Air IQ on with the stand is a great machine except that changing platens on it sucks and it has hiccups in its brain constantly.
"No man is an island"

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2023, 01:46:10 PM »
I'll throw in another endorsement for Geo Knight. One of the best made heat presses I've used.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2023, 01:57:38 PM »
we have a slew of presses, the only one I want to use as a boat anchor is the 360 IQ hat press. Biggest POS on the market. Don't buy into the heated bottom platen, no crease on your hats nonsense.

Anyone want to buy a 360 IQ hat press ? it works GREAT....  ;D
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline dsh

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2023, 02:28:03 PM »
I got a Knight air shuttle when we started DTF.  Works fine.  If I need a bigger print area I use the air swing away I've had for years.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2023, 02:29:28 PM »
Geo Knight
Tees and Coffee

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2023, 04:45:43 PM »
We have few older Hotronix and they work pretty well. Bought some used ones for parts and pick up the AC plug every few years.
The problem is most of us are commenting how great our 20 yer old presses areā€¦ most new presses are nowhere near as good. So the question is who has a really good brand new press?
Eric from nightowls is importing stuff that should be good, but might be big set ups only.
Eric you around to comment?

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline DonR

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2023, 06:51:34 PM »
I like the MEM dual table heat presses.  Much cheaper and work great.

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2023, 08:26:20 AM »
We're looking for a daul shuttle at the moment. Seems like MEM makes a solid press and a few other brands make similar looking MEM presses, painted a different color with different features.  Anatol has a nice looking one too, but I want to get some real user opinions on it. George Knight and Insta also are on my radar.

Our old hotronix clam has worked really well for a long time, but we are manually pressing way to much latley, so time for an upgrade

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk