Heat Seal - Heat Press - Whatever you want to call it! > General Heat Seal

Whats better than Hotronix?

(1/10) > >>

inkman996:
I am DONE! with Hotronix. There has to be a better solution out there. What are people using?

Currently we have two Fusion IQ, and one Fusion IQ Air

e also have two 360 IQ hat presses.

The fit and finish on these machines is complete garbage, the material used is garbage, mostly soft pot metal. Both our Fusion IQ's are falling apart and both are only two years old. The Air IQ is 3 years old and gives us fits constantly.

One of the 360 Hat presses is defective,  does not have enough magnetic strength to keep it closed, I have contacted support and the only reply I got was a sales pitch.

For the amount of money these things cost we expect better quality and QC.

We have moved heavily into pressing and wish to purchase more machines, just not Hotronix!

So whats the Cadillac of heat presses out there?

rusty:
Man, my hotronix recently failed due to a wiring thing and I can't figure it out and getting in there is very annoying. And I bought it off a business partner and they won't help me cause I am not the original owner!

Any way I borrowed a Hix press from another person I do work with. He found it in the garbage 25 years ago and it works like a champ. A little finicky with the heat and it needs a compressor but relly saved me the past week.

I am also in search of a reliable press if anyone has any suggestions.

Frog:
I like my two old (non-Cadilac) George Knight presses, and have gotten great personal tech support from them.
I also think that Insta puts out quality stuff.

Sbrem:

--- Quote from: Frog on December 12, 2023, 12:11:51 PM ---I like my two old (non-Cadilac) George Knight presses, and have gotten great personal tech support from them.
I also think that Insta puts out quality stuff.

--- End quote ---

I'll second George Knight. Had one for over 25 years, a simple clamshell. We picked up a DC16AP (Air) used off eBay last year, and after a couple of very minor fixes, it's been great. Their service is very good too, in my experience. As for Hotronix, I picked up one of their hat presses 20 years ago, and it's still running just the way it's supposed to. It does sound like their quality has gone down.

Steve

tonypep:
Stahls or Instagrafix always my go to Hotronix/Hix not for daily industrial use IMO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version