Author Topic: Smooth Puff  (Read 2561 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Smooth Puff
« on: December 14, 2023, 05:33:08 PM »
A client of ours has asked for a smooth puff print. We've printed a ton of puff the past few years
but haven't been asked for this as of yet, all of our puff has had the typical fuzzy feel to it that most people
are looking for.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking of a regular smoothed base before the puff, I seem to recall the texture of fabric
having a bit to do with the texture of the final product.

Any suggestions or products are appreciated.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
Re: Smooth Puff
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 06:22:30 PM »
A client of ours has asked for a smooth puff print. We've printed a ton of puff the past few years
but haven't been asked for this as of yet, all of our puff has had the typical fuzzy feel to it that most people
are looking for.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking of a regular smoothed base before the puff, I seem to recall the texture of fabric
having a bit to do with the texture of the final product.

Any suggestions or products are appreciated.
Are you sure they aren't asking for suede?
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 06:25:13 PM »
One never knows. They sent pic and it looked like puff that had been heat pressed for a second.
I should have sample soon though, which is what I always ask for in these situations. To some people
metallic means anything shiny, like foil.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 05:40:26 AM »
There are open cell puff inks that when cured, will exhibit a suede fuzzy look, and closed cell versions which are smoother. To lock the puff ink and prevent buckling on certain fabrics such as fleece, I would recommend underbasing. Its been a while but I have developed a slightly glossy puff by underbasing a closed cell puff then fast flash (so the puff is only surfaced cured) and overprinting with a clear or overprint color. Need at least two flash units on press.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2023, 09:33:07 AM »
Do they maybe mean High Density?
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2023, 01:02:17 PM »
Sample received, it's definitely a puff. But a minor puff, hence the no texture.
Anytime we print puff people always want the super high so that's what we aim at.
Thanks everyone.

"We're just a minor puff"

Offline rusty

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2023, 08:55:36 PM »